Does it matter if i buy ipod games from usa to work on a uk ipod?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by clement0, Oct 28, 2011.

1. clement0

clement0 New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #1 clement0, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    im looking to buy some ipod games, and have found that they are highly priced, around £4 each. so i looked at the us version of itunes and found their games were approximately half price! does it matter if i buy the ipod games from the us version of itunes to get them to work on a uk ipod classic? would it work? and is there any chance of apple lowering their costs of ipod games??IT Service Providers

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have a mix of games bought on the UK app store and the US appstore so, yes, you can

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    There are always sales on games. Holidays are coming up so I am sure that lots of sales will be happening.

You need to have a US account and a US credit card or iTunes Gift Card to set up a US account from another country. As long as you can manage that you are fine with getting games from either store.

I know that Apple recently changed their pay scales for the different countries and exchange rates but I am going to ask an obvious but perhaps overlooked question - you did take the exchange rate between the two countries into account when calculating the game cost right? Sorry if that seems silly to ask but people don't always.

Edit: hang on - you said iPod CLASSIC? They did away with those games!

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I didn't realise that the price you pay for apps in the US is the price quoted in the app store plus tax. It is different in the UK as we only pay the price quoted so would probably work out at about the same

5. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I have both us an aus games on my iPad, so yes. I tend to buy games that are priced more on my us account because it isn't going to be used again and has more money.
    However, games with IAP will be bough on my Australian account.

6. 1bitgamer

1bitgamer Active Member

Oct 29, 2011
    shouldnt matter. you should be able to play both.