Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Your english isn't that bad. Thanks for the impressions! Think I'll wait for your more in-depth review before deciding.

2. chubigans

chubigans Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Vita is my personal Super Crate Box machine. I'm completely addicted to it.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I still think that Telltale should port the walking dead to the vita. Would make for at least one killer game.

4. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Ok, I read every review on COD, and there are a couple trusted sources listed that have helped me decide.

I understand people enjoy the game for what it is, but I am not someone who has followed the series that can overlook shortcomings for the sake of having a watered down mobile version. The fact of the matter is, I bought the vita because it was marketed as console quality gaming in your hands and thats clearly not what we're getting most of the time. It should be, especially with AAA titles like this!

That said, I'll pick this up used, or on sale. Its unfortunate, I was hoping for much better, but even being the lowest rated game in the Vita's history, its a shame to have to pass it up. I know I should trust my own opinion, heck, I bought Zombie-U despite it's middle of the road scores, but even that was in the middle... not at the bottom.

5. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    How's Retro City Rampage on Vita?

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Pretty fun. There's an overwhelming amount of parodies and cultural references, and the game can be very hard and frustrating at times (following missions suck! Had to play it at least 20 times before I beat one such mission). It's a good game, and at $15 it's a great deal for what you get. Not something I'd recommend if you aren't well versed in pop culture/gaming references though (or you hate games that can be unforgivingly challenging at times). Your enjoyment hinges largely on that. Mechanics are very good- it plays like a modern game, but with retro graphics.

It's pretty much retro themed GTA with too many references and parodies packed in. The whole game is essentially a giant parody that tries to jam in every trope from videogames/entertainment in general possible.

7. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Definitely on my list to download on Vita other than Jet Set Radio.

8. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has a really easy platinum trophy. The only remotely challenging trophy was "This is Living," which requires you to win an online game without dying once.

Also, buy PASBR. I've converted hardcore Nintendo fans to Sony believers after convincing them to play the PS3 version with me.

9. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    OK,so I got to clarify something.I read on Amazon that in order to redeem the PS+ trial codes I need to have a CC attached to my account.Is that true? Is there any other way around to get the 3 month free PS+?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.Do I need a CC even if I buy a 1yr subscription from Amazon?

10. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I have a $10 off code for any ACIII purchase from Amazon.Will give it away for $5 Amazon GC or PayPal.

11. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Even "This is Living" is not hard, just get into a 2v2 kills limited match and spam (the completely broken) Raiden Level 1 attack, got it 2nd try and I suck at fighting games.

12. You have to add a credit card to your PSN account in order to redeem the 1-month trials. There's no way around it.

No, the 3-month and 1-year subscriptions don't require a credit card.

Not sure if serious.

13. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    #3733 JeNeI, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Got the $10 off promo code for buying the PSVita AC3L bundle,and won't buy AC3 for PS3 or X360.

If I need a CC,then I'm selling my 3 month codes for $18 PayPal.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Really not sure if serious.

It would cost somebody less to buy those off Sony than from you.

Edit: And they wouldn't have add their credit card lol.

15. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    If anyone is looking to buy the standard edition of Assassin's Creed III for PS3/XBOX 360 from Amazon.com, you can have my $10 off code for FREE. I got it as bonus for my purchase of AC Vita bundle and it's of no use to me since I don't have a home console.

First person to reply with quote will get it. I do ask that you use the code to buy the game and not sell the code somewhere else! :D Thanks.

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I gave mine away for free too.

17. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    OK.If anyone wants a $10 promo code of a ACIII PS3/X360 purchase just write me a PM.First person who succeeds will get the code.

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Finally got around to getting streetfighter x tekken which I've been meaning to get forever, my first impression is really very cool I've a lot of learning to do though as the last street fighter I was really good at was the original Super StreetFighter 2.

Only had a brief game because I should really be asleep already but for someone who used to play the games in the arcades constantly it's really nice to have such a good portable one.

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Speaking of fighters, Dead or Alive 5 was announced for the Vita.

20. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Apparently the Vita is rumored to be getting a sequel to RE Operation Raccoon City, which will also be available for PS3, 360, & Wii U. It comes from the same guy who reported the Castlevania LoS 2/MoF and Kingdom Hearts HD rumors which happened to be true.