Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    I visted L.A. this summer and they really are all over the place! I think my home state is slowly getting the drift. Will be interesting to see how things play at over the next few years.

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #822 dumaz1000, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Alcohol is the most widely used/abused drug, both in America, and on the face of the planet. By far. There really is no second place.

All the statistical analysis that you throw at me will not convince me that alcohol isn't more dangerous and socially destructive then weed. The only difference is that alcohol is peddled by powerful corporations, and it feeds the capitalistic machine; a machine that does not give a damn about the societal ramifications of its actions and cares only to line it's pockets with greed. Whether said greed comes in the form of blood money or not is of no immidiate concern. Alcohol is legal because governments are run by the rich and the powerful. Money buys influence and to one degree or other every politician on the face of the planet has been bought, and i s in someone's back pocket. Politics is corrupt its very nature. If weed had powerful lobbyists in their corner, it too would be legal. Just like cigarettes are legal. (As damning as tobacco is though, it cannot hold a candle to alcohol.)

Bottom line, Alcohol is a legalized narcotic far more destructive then weed has ever been, or ever will be, even on its worst immaginable day. No drug has killed more people, torn about more families, or destroyed more lives then alcohol. It cannot even be remotely argued otherwise. It rips at the very fabric of our society. Of our civilization. If you dont believe me, just attend a sporting event. Especially an NFL game, or a soccer match. And that is merely the tip of the iceburg. You want to talk about inciting violence? Gimme a break.

Funny how nobody seems to care though. People want to get up in arms about weed, but God forbid, we can't condemn the alcohol.

3. Izitmee

Izitmee Member

May 9, 2012
    Interactive Developer
    Rome
    Yes! Legalize it! I would probably not care about it, since I don't like it much, but it looks logic. Way better than having people give money to criminals, for something that is definitely not worse than cigarettes or alcohol.

4. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Bumpity bump... lol

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Good lord why did you bump this ridiculously controversial thread??

Geez.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Because he was the one who started it.