Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. furrot

furrot New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I was referring to the "new version available so you can't visit them" problem that Grozzy12 described. Everyone gets the connection issues. I find the best way to correct the connect issue is to close the app and reopen it. It seems to go haywire any time it tries to resume itself.

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    I'm getting the "can't connect to game server" message all day now!
    Did anybody managed to get in the game today?

3. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    well i got a message from ea saying servers are v busy and down, and that they are working on a fix

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I haven't been able to connect to the servers once since I put this on my device. not once. Hope this is worked out soon... Even though it's freemium, and Is most likely a huge money pit... It's the freakin Simpsons! Got to at least check it out. =oP

5. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I have a problem i can't resolve.

When i log in i'm at level 6 yet the game insists that i should visit the other springfield. I can't do anything else as it says i should visit the other springfield. I've already done that mult. times. I did visited it earlier and received the accomplishment.

sometimes when i connect i'll only get 2 houses and a few people and i can't do anything. I'll have to shutdown and connect again.

I created a new origin account on another phone we have and it seems to be working better although that game had a bunch of water loaded all over where grass should be when u first start out. totally strange. I can't fix my first game though. Is there anyway to delete your game and start over?

6. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    just in case you didn't know there's a huge cluster F of bugs in this game. EA did a nice rush job of putting this game out w/ some MAJOR bug and internet connection problems.
    Hopefully EA's next update will fix a lot of these bugs.

7. EdS35

EdS35 Member

Jun 29, 2011
    #107 EdS35, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    Argh disappointed I can't get any time in on this today. I had a bunch of 8 hour tasks queued up last night so hopefully I won't lose any of their progress.

I was fairly surprised by this game. Surprised in a good way by how funny the intro/tutorial were, and every time I play I still can't believe how good this looks on the iPad. The colors and resolution are just perfect. Surprised in a bad way because I never would have expected that such a "big" franchise/developer would release something so unfinished.

I was also a little surprised at how quickly I got to the point where only the 4+ hour tasks are worth doing. I like when there's a little more to actively "do" in these games. I guess that may change as my Springfield gets bigger and there's more collecting and random stuff like Sideshow Bob going on.

Please fix the servers so I can play!

Edit - Was finally able to get on about 6 pm. Also realized that if you want to play more often the one hour tasks are actually a little better (4x75 vs 200 xp for example). I appreciate the flexibility in being able to choose the tasks you want sort of based on when you know you'll play next (8-12 hours tasks for overnight - still not sure about the 90 DAYS for the corn tho!) Now they just need to fix it so that you can visit others. I'd like to get more ideas for layouts.

8. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Why would anyone need to pirate this game? It's free. I don't understand.

9. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    free donuts?

Anyone know what happens with 'end of humanity'?

Also, 3 mystery boxes so far, 3x500 cash rewards. 1 Homer Buddah = Dumpster

FML

10. Mike summers

Mike summers Member

Nov 15, 2011
    End of humanity is just exp

11. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012

Try it! :D

12. Gerbs

Gerbs Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Has anyone else had to log back into Origin every time the game boots today? It was fine for me before.

13. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    BREAKING NEWS:

The game has been removed from the App store owing to the serious server connection issues everyone has been facing.

14. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    [​IMG]

15. ditroia

ditroia Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I was able to download it late this morning here in Australia. Connection issues seem to have improved, but the game still resets from time to time, usually fixed by closing and starting again.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. This game seriously needs multi tasking support.

16. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Every day there's something new....

Today the NO-INCOME BUG STRUCK! :mad::mad::mad:

17. Webtopia

Webtopia Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Mobile Application Developer
    Cairns, Australia
  18. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Do you guys think theyre gonna put it back on the app store. I mean you know what they did with Bf3: Aftershock!

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It's been near the top of the free games since it launched and has been in the top 50 earners since it launched, all of that in spite of their complete inability to realize that this game would actually be popular enough at launch that it would need more than a C64 in a garage to handle the server load. It will be back.

I suspect they yanked it until they get enough servers and a version out there with better netcode instead of just letting more and more people pile onto the existing problems.

20. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    They have done this type of game before with sims free play and being sims you know that was popular. Pretty big fail. Still can't help but think a proper sims or Simpsons game would be worth $9.99 and they would make $9.99 more profit from me than these games do.