iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    In the quest Matras Infection, how do you knock down the wall?

2. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    stand back and hit it with your weapon.

3. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    How long does it take?

4. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    it should happen instantly

5. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    Well it's not happening instantly. I'm standing there hitting it 20 times. Maybe I need a better weapon?

6. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    Also I am going to kidnapped wife quest. When I talk to her she says she doesn't want to leave. What now?

7. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    i think you need a beer or mushrum to help convince her. also talk to the robber leader

8. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    Neither are working. I swear, there needs to be a guide for this game. Anyone who wants to make an app for this I will gladly pay $3

9. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    If you're having trouble with this woman, you should (1) go back and talk to her husband (2) talk to the Robber Leader who kidnapped the sorry thing (3) bring her a mush rum. If that doesn't work, I'll eat my catly tail.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Are you talking about removing the bubbling bad air? You can either hit the bubbles with your weapon or cast the spell burning hand. Either will do the job.

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Someone told me 3.2 is out but don't delete your old version so fast as at least one person has reported a problem. Wait for the go ahead from Elendil--let him check it out.

I hope it will be OK but better to be safe. : )

12. whitfcd

whitfcd New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Won't load for me now - crashes on startup :mad:

13. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Quest version 3.2 crash

Could everyone experiencing crashes with the new Quest version (3.2) please send us crash logs?

Here is how:

Synchronise your device with iTunes, then you can find the crash logs in the following folder:

• Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    • Windows Vista: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    Please send all .crash files starting with "TheQuest" to our email address (I won't write it here (spambots), but you can find it on our site, just click "contact us"), thank you.

From what I've seen until now, it seems this is some problem with iPhone OS 3 running apps built for OS 2 (like The Quest), OpenFeint or a combination thereof. For now I can only say that either please don't update, or if you had, try to switch off OpenFeint (it can be done in the settings in the new version), but the later of course requires the game to be running...

Also, is there anyone not experiencing the crashes? I would like to determine the extent of the problem.

Although from what I can see this is not our fault, we are nonetheless terribly sorry and we'll try to correct this as soon as possible.

14. frost3D games

frost3D games Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    used to like orcs and elves on my ds :). sure will like this one.

15. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009

Oh but he's supposed to talk to the man named dunn in the forest of blood before he can talk to the robber leader. After that he should go to town and pick whose side is he on

16. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    The Quest version 3.2 crash

It's really important that I get feedback on this crash.

Could everyone who have downloaded the 3.2 update please write whether the game crashes on startup and their iPhone OS version. It seems the crash only happens on iPhone OS 3.x and not on OS 2.x, but I must be sure.

Thank you.

17. Tikki000

Tikki000 Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Mine does-
    iPhone 3GS
    32GB
    OS 3.1

18. PSD

PSD Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Disabled
    Connecticut
    Mine does also. Ipod Touch 2g. OS 3.1

19. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    The Quest version 3.2

We have determined that the version of OpenFeint included in the 3.2 update causes the game to crash on startup on iPhone OS 3.x. It is working on devices with iPhone OS 2.x.

I don't know how could have happened that we didn't notice this (and also why Apple hasn't noticed this, they are supposed to test on iPhone OS 3.x), and we are very sorry.

If you have updated the game to version 3.2 (or you have just bought it), there are three things you can do:
    • Try to start the game again and again. If somehow the game starts, find the "Settings" menu point on the game's main menu, under it find a button labelled "Miscellaneous". Under that there is an option to disable OpenFeint. The game should work after that.
    • Downgrade your device to iPhone OS 2.x. This is a rather involved procedure and I don't think it's supported by Apple. You can find instructions on the net and I'll also try to help if you decide to do it, just write to Redshift's email address.
    • Wait for the next update.

Of course we'll correct this in our next update. More than likely we'll completely ditch OpenFeint, we are planning on including better options anyway.

Until then, we decided to remove The Quest from the App Store. (It might not disappear instantly, it takes time for the App Store servers to get the latest changes.)

Once again we are terribly sorry.

20. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

Aug 11, 2009
    #1780 Odyssey, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    Ah I am glad I found you! This is good news that you are aware of what has happened. I will let them know at the Quest Fan site too.

Any idea on how long before a real fix?

I have another question. On another site they told me to try and get the game running by starting Fire and Ice or Luko. Neither one worked. I had not opened them up at this time as I am still finishing the main game. Has Luko overwritten Fire and Ice or are they independant of each other?

Thanks.