One Word Story - Creative Story Writing Game

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by OneWordStory, Dec 15, 2012.

1. OneWordStory

OneWordStory Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #1 OneWordStory, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    What's up TA,

I'd like to announce a new game I've been developing over the last few months, One Word Story. The idea of the game is simple, you add words one at a time alternating with friends to create stories. Whether they are hilarious, sad, nonsense, or naughty it's completely up to you and your friends. You can also join in public stories and play with people from all over the world.

If you and your friends sign up with Facebook you will automatically be linked in the game and can get started creating stories right away. If you create a username you'll need to search for them under 'All Friends'.

There are also in-app purchases to buy "Extra Words" which allow you to add more than one word at a time if you have something hilarious to say that needs more than one word. Since I can't do promo codes for in-app purchases if you sign up and send me your Facebook ID (if you signed in through Facebook) or username (if you created an account) I'll give you 25 extra words! If you write an honest review and want more I'll give you another 25 extra words and access to public stories!!

EDIT: If you add a word and post it here you'll be entered to win one of 2 $10 iTunes gift cards. Drawing will be held on 12/22.

I'm looking forward to all the great stories that get written.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-word-story/id564650004
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Word-Story/557051324308946
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/OneWordStoryApp
    Email: support 'at' onewordstoryapp.com

Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. OneWordStory

OneWordStory Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I've updated the promotion to include two $10 gift cards. If you add a word and let me know your username and the word you added you'll be entered into a drawing on 12/22.

3. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    cool app

cool app..i've always been interested in this popular forum game..haha i'm sorry but i couldn't resist by typing in 7 words via a loophole i discovered..it would be great if there's someone to moderate the content as i see that most people like to talk about perverted things >.<

would appreciate the 25 words =) registered via facebook as Sern Khuan

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Added "tears" to "Are You Afraid Of The Dark", my username is zerotype.

5. OneWordStory

OneWordStory Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Thanks, I have given you both 25 extra words and you're entered into the GC give-a-way.

I'm trying to add a profanity filter but people will always get around that, also your loophole is something I'm not too fond of but can't figure out how to prevent it. My option now is to just moderate them. I want people to pay $ to be able to add to public stories because that would hopefully give them an incentive to NOT ruin the stories with profanity or strung-together-words. I don't really mind if you swear in a private story because only you and friends can see it.

6. khuanoz

Nov 27, 2012
    this app will only be interesting if there are a lot of people participating
    sorry you can remove my strung together words, was just trying it out for fun
    good luck with the contest and building up the community

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Is this contest over?

8. khuanoz

Nov 27, 2012
    let's see it was over around two weeks ago..cant expect the developer to draw any names since there were only us 2 participants

so let's bump this up and see if others want to join in the draw (if it is still on)

9. WoeOfAftermath

Sep 28, 2010
    I want to join the draw as well.