iPad The Quest Gold (by Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    thank you redshift and neener neener @ micheal. great bundle by the way i think quest is the best rpg on the iThings ive played through the thing like three times already just because i have to reinstall the game everytime a new expansion pack comes out thats why im considering getting this one for convenience. i was wondering if you can import your character from any of the other games since you get them as standalone games or from the original quest for anyone who bought quest before and is considering this bundle for the expansion packs?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I would have done this except it's more expensive than the expansions...

Any word on further expansions and/or whether or not they'll be free for Gold version owners? That might convince me to go for the Gold! ;)

And kudos to the developer for clearing the pricing question, and for this awesome game! :D

3. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    +1 here too! these are my favorite games ever. the world is all-encompassing, very dark and gloomy, kinda like where i live (portland, OR. very rainy and drab:) )
    and thanks to elendil for clearing up the publisher/developer debate :cool:

4. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Will the expansions ever go on sale?

5. MilkManX

MilkManX Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great deal to me! I will be nabbing this very soon. Thanks!:D

6. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    thats what "the quest gold" is. its a sale of the base game and all expansions (so far ;) )

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Islands of Fire and Ice is down $1 from it's original price, as is Hero of Lukemore I...

8. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    yea, HOL I had a persistent, nasty bug, so i think redshift lowered the price to compensate. its been fixed for a while now, and is a solid chapter in the quest experience.:cool:

9. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Why did you have to reinstall the game for the expansions? They are not called "expansion" for nothing. You can enable them in the base game and play with one character, going from the very beginning all through the end of HOL II (as of now).

You can export your saves from The Quest Lite to either The Quest or The Quest Gold. You cannot transfer characters from the standalone expansion. But the expansions are were never really to be played standalone. It's just a convenience feature (and also required so that the expansions could be released as separate apps).

10. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    HOL III and HOL IV should be coming out sometime in the future.

They have been developed by Zarista games and currently they are doing some polishing on HOL III and they have some real life issues at the moment, that's why I can't tell you when HOL III will come out. But hopefully soon. :)

No, future expansion will not be free. :p But I think, considering how much gaming you get with The Quest and the expansions, that they are more than worth their price. :)

11. Magic

Magic Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    If you buy the gold edition, will the future expansion be updates to it, or will you have to buy those seperately?

12. nightbeaver

Dec 13, 2008
    i was just thinking that since it was just a couple bucks more then people might just get this because of the convenience of buying one app and not have to put all the games on the device and add them to the quest then deleting the expansions.

13. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    You'll have to buy future expansions.

I think The Quest Gold is a nice bargain as is already. :)

14. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    It is a nice bargain, but only for those who don't have the stand alone (and some of expansions) already. Hope someday you'll give us an expansion pack only sale or something like that (all the expansions bundled). Nevertheless it I think it is nice sale for those who don't have this marvelous RPG on their iDevices.

Regards,
    f.

15. nightbeaver

Dec 13, 2008
    yeah i know but i just deleted it to make room for other stuff. also because i knew that i wouldnt mind playing through it again using a different type of character. its cool that people you meet talk to in the game sometimes say things that are slightly different depending on your race especially if your an undead. i was wondering if you guys ever thought about expanding on the card game a little more and making it multiplayer via blutooth and internet and maybe if you didnt change it any it would be cool if it was internet or bluetooth multiplayer exclusive to the gold edition and maybe 99 cent seperate app. its just an idea but it would be kinda neat the casrd game was sorta fun

16. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    We'll shortly be releasing Dungeoned, a fun little action/puzzle game, and after that we'll create a standalone card game, loosely based on the game in The Quest.

It will be much larger and much more fun, however. :)

17. nightbeaver

Dec 13, 2008
    oh wow! thats really great im looking forward to it thanks:D

18. I am tempted to get this, but as I already The Quest and two of its expansions, I don't think I'd really want to drop a tenner just to save some Springboard space (even though it is at a premium on my device and I'm constantly struggling to find stuff to delete to make room for new stuff.) It's tempting only because my next round of payments for Galactic Chill just arrived, which I use as my iTunes budget, so I've got the credits to blow... just don't know if I wanna.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    No need - you can delete your expansions after you enable them in the original game.

20. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    #40 Dark_Messenger, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Why do you think its only for hardcore rpg:ers? I dont think that The Quest have classes/attributes/skill-customization in absurdum but only provides the basic rpg factors with characterbuilding and easy management. The Quest rather focuses on the exploring of places and quantity of (side)quests. I think its defined by quantity of fun sidequests rather than one good deep mainquest. One just have to know what goodies you get if i do that or that little sidestep a long the way, and how wierd it may sound i think that is The Quest strength.

In short you could say that the game has a good balance between easy, non-boring, character-management and very much "to do" around the player world. (And its not even a really big one)

Anyway, this is one of those titles that really deserves to cost some dough. Simply becouse its well done and you get a whole lotta hours from it. =)

EDIT: But the ingame cardgame suck. I hate to think that you guys spend time developing that wierd thing rather than gave me more quests. =) You shoulda sticked to some basic dice-game-betting-thing or something like that.