Mad Skills Motocross

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by racerxonline, Dec 10, 2010.

1. racerxonline

racerxonline Member

Aug 29, 2010
    #1 racerxonline, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
    We're partnered with Swedish developer Turborilla on the release of an IOS version of their popular desktop game Mad Skills Motocross. (You can download a free trial version at www.madskillsmotocross.com.) We strongly believe this is the best side-scrolling motocross game ever made, and the IOS version is possibly better. The planned release date on the App Store is early January, to coincide with the 2011 Supercross Season.

The game is already creating quite a buzz in the motocross world. Among the beta testers are some of the world's best motocross racers, including multi-time champion Chad Reed, legendary champion Jeff Emig, top pros Ryan Morais and Will Hahn, amateur sensation Adam Cianciarulo, not to mention many industry players and avid gamers. At the bottom of this post is some beta feedback by a few of our volunteer beta testers. You can see more beta chatter here:

http://search.twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=madskillsmx&result_type=recent

Also at www.twitter.com/madskillsmx

Mad Skills Motocross for IOS features:

- The most advanced physics engine ever made in a side-scrolling MX game, by a long shot. The degree of control you can attain (with practice) is unrivaled in this type of game. The game is impossible to master, but it's so fun trying.

- 52 tracks in career mode, ranging from easy to extremely technical. Because you can always find a way to get faster, none of the tracks ever get boring. It's very possible to spend two hours at a time just working on a single track. (Though it's also easy and fun to get a run or two in while waiting in line for a burger.)

- OpenFeint challenges are what make the mobile version possibly better than the desktop version -- receiving a tough challenge from a friend often results in a marathon session just trying to find a way to beat him or her. Very addicting and fun, and the culprit of what beta testers are calling 'Mad Skills adrenaline rushes'. The back-and-forth smack that will ensue on Twitter and Facebook is going to be fun to watch.

- OpenFeint leaderboards help you understand where your speed is compared to your friends and the gaming community in general.

And so much more. We'll have an official trailer ready in a week or so, but for now, here's a 30 fps grab of one of the first tracks by one of our testers. (Not a quality video grab, and the control graphics are quite different now, but this gives you an idea of how the bikes move.)

Here's that beta feedback I mentioned above.

Peter Sundell
    www.twitter.com/TitsLegendary

"I have said it before and I will say it again. MSM is the best side scrolling motocross game ever. It is insanely addictive and so much fun to play. With the recent addition of Open Feint challenges the game has been raised to a whole new level. Being able to challenge your friends to your best times is awesome. Beware, this game is a massive productivity killer as you won’t be able to put it down after you start playing."

Kevin Husted
    www.twitter.com/swizcore

"maskdillsw motoecorss id so fiuuunn;... sory, playng mad skillsmx, cnt typ well wit feeet"

Jason Hooper
    www.twitter.com/digitaloffroad

"MSM is the only iPhone game that I can play until my battery dies, plug in my phone and keep on playing. It's that good and that addictive."

Gerald Kinast
    www.twitter.com/mxgerald

"Mad Skills is the most addictive, difficult, and fun MX related game available!"

Tim Crytser
    www.twitter.com/racerxvt

At first MSM was a fun game, now its an evil addiction. The kind of addiction you like to keep around for a while. With the OpenFeint integration, you are challenged mentally each time you compete in a challenge [against your friends]. You definitely learn how to control your emotions and remain calm when you finally take the lead (after trying 100 times) coming over the last jump and the checkers are in sight. Just like in real life racing; remain calm and win. Get nervous and you will crash to a spectacular series of tumbles, bumbles, and the famous ohhhhuhhhh from your digital friend. Good thing you can click restart and try again. Feed the addiction!

Michael Kasberg
    www.twitter.com/ksbrg

As soon as I found Mad Skills Motocross for my desktop a year ago, I was hooked. I remember playing for hours at a time. Now, the addicting excitement of MSM is in my hands and it's impossible to put down! Not only am I constantly wanting to progress through the game, but I can't put the phone down until I beat challenges sent to me from friends. The integration of friend challenges and leaderboards for all 50+ tracks guarantees MSM will never get boring...and I will never get anything done.

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    More motocross? I'm game. But those controls look really ugly.

3. racerxonline

racerxonline Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Don't worry, the controls are much better now -- the new ones will obviously be in the official trailer, which I'll post asap.

4. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    You should add game center + a shitload of achievements instead of crappy openfeint!!

5. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Sounds and look great! Please do add Game Center!

6. Really liking this. The visuals are appealing, the gameplay looks fun, lots of tracks, and the accuracy of the physics shows through. Hoping for a universal binary so I can play it on the big screen and still carry it with me on the go when I need a fix, if it's as addictive as the testers are saying. :)

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    #7 swishinj, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    If the "big screen" is your computer, here you go! http://www.madskillsmotocross.com/download-demo/

And the demo really looks good, but one thing i saw is that your biker seems to slouch over the bike. That's the only hiccup in an awesome looking app!

8. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Nice!Just tried it on PC and it is great!
    I will be perfect on iDevices..

If you add Game Center,multiplayer(live or ghost),an editor and the ability to share user made tracks,the game will be perfect!!

9. Xanmanxiii

Xanmanxiii New Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Looking forward to that one. Awesome music :)

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

tried it on my mac, it's pretty awesome! cant wait :)

11. racerxonline

racerxonline Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Official Mad Skills Motocross for IOS Trailer

Here's the official trailer for Mad Skills Motocross for IOS. It releases Monday, Jan. 10.

12. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Nice,looks great...!

How much will it cost?

13. racerxonline

racerxonline Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Mad Skills Motocross Challenge Demo

This video demonstrates a Mad Skills Motocross OpenFeint challenge, from world-class amateur racer Adam Cianciarulo to a regular guy named Hoop.

14. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    I'm surprised no one has commented about this on how it looks like a newer (better looking) version of "Excitebike". Don't get me wrong, I definitely will buy this game upon it's release...love me some "ExciteBike" type games! :D

[​IMG]

@ racerxonline - Any plans for a 'Design Mode' like ExciteBike had?