Universal [Soft Launch EU] Arena of Valor (by Proxima Beta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #1 Lurchroboter, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
    old soft launch thread

2. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    #2 Egokiller, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    I don't see this on the US app store yet. Their Facebook page says it just released in some european countries.

Update: I do see it on the Netherlands store.

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This is not a global release, only Europe and some Asian countries. This is still considered a soft launch.
    Please change the thread title accordingly, or put the thread in Upcoming games.

That said, this game is FANTASTIC.
    If, like me, you can't stand the "tap to move" and lat-hit mechanics of Vainglory, Arena of Valor will be your new home.
    Plays more like an Action-RPG with targetable skills.
    Great graphics, tons of awesome heroes.

Global release hasn't been given a date yet.

4. Egokiller

Mar 19, 2013
    It's probably worth waiting to play until there are some US bases servers. The tutorial is super smooth, however I am averaging 200-300 ms latency while trying to play with other people. It's manageable, but not fun with that sort of lag. Still better than the 400-500ms when it soft launched as strike of kings in asia.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    OMG could this be true? Have to download now!

6. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #6 Lurchroboter, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Sorry! Downloaded in germany withouth noticing it is europe only. Will try to change the treads title accordingly.

Edit: I asked a mod to change the title.

7. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Uhhh, the game seems cool, but virtual controls are really bad compared to vg.

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I couldn't disagree more -
    The stick controls combined with the aimable ability wheels provide a level of precision and control just not possible with tap-to-move.
    If you are used to tap to move you might need to get used to it, but it's so fluid when you do.

Being able to move in a circle (strafe) and aim abilities in any direction is awesome. Plus your fingers aren't obstructing your view. It's really liberating when you get the hang of it. Tap to move is archaic, frankly.

9. Egokiller

Mar 19, 2013
    I agree completely. I hated tap to move in vainglory and prefer virtual contols like this and mobile legends. There are some settings in game that let you define how the virtual contols target enemies (there is also a lock on feature for auto attack).

I played a few games and my latency has been good. Main menu says 220ms, but in game il getting 50ms.

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    same here! loving the controls as i am a tap to move hater and the no last hit idiotic mechanic.
    Also the items are really easy to buy, you just tap (they show as soon as you earn enough gold next to your portrait) anywhere you are
    Plus there is a 3vs3 which ends in around 5 minutes!
    As someone who wanted to love VG but hated
    1) the tap to move
    2) going in menus - map spots to buy items
    3) the long matches unless i wanted to play a random hero
    4) most importantly the last hit thing, it was either that or go solo or buy xp share

i am LOVING this!
    ps if you can run it now we get 2 heroes per day -1per 3 completed matches.
    If on the other hand you dislike the above, you arent going to like this either.

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Great summary! Exactly!

Also you can create your own gear setup for the "quick buy" for each hero. Or you can choose to use one of the builds that are really popular (it automatically gathers the most used builds).

There's a LOT of options in settings to customize your game. I recommend checking all of them out.

And such good game modes - 5v5, 3v3, 1v1, 5v5 with random heroes, Hook wars (open on weekends) and there's an all about Deathmatch mode coming.

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    One of the things I really respect about this games developers:

The have a history of BUFFING the most affected heroes rather than just nerfing one stronger hero.
    It doesn't mean they don't make adjustments down sometimes, but the general balance process seems to be bringing affected heroes UP, rather than just smacking anything fun with a nerf hammer.

This takes more work and attention to detail, but it pays off for the player. If you play any competitive games you will know how great this is for the community.

For example, the most recent update - they slightly nerfed 4 or 5 "problem" heroes (it needed to be done) but they buffed like 14 heroes to bring them more into line. Such a good approach.

13. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I started with 5vs5 , but the matches took too long, so i swichted to 3vs3 which are really great.
    I didn't like Vainglory because of the controls but this seems to be a really fun game