Perfect/High Scores

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Filing Cabinet, Nov 8, 2011.

?

Perfect?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2011.
  1. Yes! I have to get perfect scores on every level

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No! I could care less about things like that

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    #1 Filing Cabinet, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    Just wondering how many people over here, when playing casual/puzzle games in particular, have to get the perfect score or all stars in every level?

I used to try and get all the stars in games like Cut the Rope/Angry Birds etc, but then it reached a point where the games didn't get fun for me anymore, and it was just replaying a pesky level over a couple of times trying to get all those damn stars. I soon realised that there are way too many games around to bother.

So what are you? a perfectionist who has to get all stars in every level, or are you someone who doesnt care, and is happy passing levels with the minimum required?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Getting 3 stars on every level is hardly getting the perfect score, but yes, I aim for at least getting three stars on games like Angry Birds and Cut the Rope.

3. Filing Cabinet

Aug 20, 2011
    you cant get more than three stars on either angry birds or cut the rope so its the perfect score :confused:

i'll rephrase that, to all stars possible.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You can get three stars on either game and still have thousands upon thousands of people with higher scores than you on GameCenter, lol, but fair enough.

5. Filing Cabinet

Aug 20, 2011
    yes obviously that's what i meant

you would have to be a serious masochist to try and get on the top of GC game leaderboard for every game.

6. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    For casual games, I typically try to get all three stars, or however many are offered. I this for pretty much every puzzler I play. I think it's just a personality thing; maybe some perfectionism or something because I won't go onto the next level until I have all the stars offered. As far as leaderboards, I don't care too much; I'm usually pretty high up anyways (not to brag). I'm usually in the top 10% of most games I play, and I really don't play that much. Contre Jour: I'm in the top 8% and haven't played in quit a while, so this goes to show that people switch games way too often or play them super leisurely*.

*What I cosider leisurely/casual for myself is maybe 10 minutes (give or take) on a casual game everyday (or every other day) for the first week or two after it came out. After this my play time drops considerably.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I have a bit of OCD when it comes to games. Like it has been mentioned already, I won't move on to the next level until I have 3 stars on the current level. It's why I don't like games that give you the tools you need to 3-star this level at some point in the future. It's why I don't like Angry Birds either. >.<

As for leaderboards... Depends on the game on an individual basis. If it's something I'm into, I usually end up near the top anyway but I might even pursue the number one spot.