Ravensword: Shadowlands Quest/Content Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBRUU, Jan 12, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #1 JBRUU, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    See title. Begin suggesting.

This is my big suggestion and there've been a good few concurring posts. Updated and added with other suggestions frequently.

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    really? Unicorns?

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lmao Josh is like [​IMG]

It was a joke.

4. bacobit

bacobit Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I think it would be cool if you added an Assassin quest line (like the Dark Brotherhood in TES.) You could put in special assassin armor that increases sneak and speed and a special assassin dagger and crossbow.

How you would start is by finding a dead assassin somewhere with a left over contract that you can loot off him. From here you can choose to either give the contract to the guards or fulfill it yourself. After you fulfill it someone in assassin guild contacts and the rest goes off of that.

Might be asking too much, but it'd be pretty cool if it got in :p

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Ability to become a werewolf. We've been begging for this since the Aralon upcoming thread.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Being able to kill NPCs. And HUGE bosses.

7. Ravensword Lover

Ravensword Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    #7 Ravensword Lover, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Quote from my first porst:

Seriously, we need A LOT MORE Spell Runes and Enchantment effects. The game is offering only two or three spells for a Mage. That's unacceptable. And after the stat point glitch fixed, there's really no point in enchanting an item with +4 strength or agility. You should really consider fixing these Josh, they are huge obstacles when come together.

And +1 to the transformation idea. Either werewolf or something like Vampire Lord in the Skyrim. Or use your creativity and add a spell or skill allows us to become a blood thirsty berserker/demon mage/vicious rogue. That's the true RPG experience! Nuff said.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I believe there are 6 runes not 3.

9. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    That's true, but I mentioned the runes for mages, the damaging ones, like the rune of fire.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think anything that huge should be paid DLC, not a free update. That's a lot of content.

11. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    Excluding the werewolf and vampire features and their questline, all of these are just fixes and additions that should have included in the game when it was released. Current version looks lifeless and lacks the necessary content like equipments but hopefully they will all begone. Then the game will become a true Elder Scrolls alternative game for mobile devices.

Please consider these Josh. They aren't that hard.

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Or maybe just put it in RS3 :p

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Will definitely consider. Probably next week we are going to start adding some new content - just been waiting for it to get made.
    We are also working on the sci fi rpg now under contract so that is due out at the end of the year.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The artwork looks sweet.

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you can't imagine how excited I am for it, its a nice change from working on fantasy rpg's for so many years.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, there really aren't a ton of sci fi RPGs I can think of except Bioshock, and that's more of a shooter. Really can't wait either! Well that and Aralon 2.

17. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Thieves guild questline?
    And if it's added add a new dagger and light armor to the game (a cloak,hood,and possibly a small mount or new necklace) that'd be pretty cool to me same with a second request-duel wielding

18. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Fallout 3 is a sci fi RPG

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #19 JBRUU, Jan 12, 2013
    Ok here is my big list of stuff, divided into what I'd want to see as paid DLC and what I think should be a free update:

Update:
    1) Enemy AI should be a little better. There shouldn't just be a "circle" where, if you enter it, they automatically chase you forever. Also, if you jump on a rock and start shooting they won't always jump up after you.

2) Enemies should level up with you. The game is just to easy even on the hardest setting IMO.

3) Aven and the mining town should be more active. Maybe double or triple the NPCs for capable devices.

4) I've seen a deer and a boar right next to each other doing nothing. Maybe have the animals occasionall fight each other? It would add a lot to the immersion.

5) The inventory is a pain to use; I like the 3D items but it's a pain scrolling through everything. I liked Aralon's system better where everything was a grid and easily accessible. Likewise, the quick-access bar needs to have more slots or we need to be able to scroll across to reveal more. It's annoying not being able to have more than four at a time.

6) Chests should be randomized and if we revisit the area we should be able to reopen them and discover new stuff once we fight through the horde again. Likewise drops from enemies should be randomized to a certain extent.

7) This is more a personal preference, but if possible allow devices to tweak graphics settings like you could in Aralon? Not just view distance, but texture quality, shadow resolution, rendering resolution, AA, bump mapping, etc. Have a default for all devices so those who don't want to mess with it don't have to, but for advanced users it's really nice to be able to tweak to their own preference.

8) Making the weapons bob a little in first person view would be nice, as would the option of a seperate block button and being able to resize the buttons. The resizing thing is pretty minor though.

Paid DLC. I'd pay $3-5 each for both of these.

Pack 1: Loot/Magic
    1) Add some more caves all over the map, with enemies as suiting the area. The more difficult, the better the reward. The chests should be randomized and be able to be reopened when we revisit the cave.

2) More magic runes. How about a spike one that has spikes jut up from the ground at our enemy? Or a confusion rune that causes an enemy to attack its allies? Likewise, some higher level enemies should use magic against us. Also hide the runes in chests and on a few extra-high level enemies, that way we have to earn them.

3) More weapons and especially armor. Let the weapons have special powers or add runes that allow things like poison, life leech, quicker attack, etc. Allow end enemies to use these same powers against us, and add runes that will counteract the magic.

4) I saw a forge but nothing to do with it. How about let us gather materials and have a little minigame to forge our own weapon? Just a thought.

5) Dual wielding. ’Nuff said

Pack 2: Quests

1) That Assassin's Guild quest idea was pretty neat. Maybe have us kill a few corrupt officials, a goblin king that his minions are sick of, then get creative and maybe a few others with some edgy themes like a jealous shopkeeper wants to kill his rival or the head of the guild suspects someone's messing with his wife (depends on apple there, I guess), all with heavy reliance on stealth. The addition of poison darts that we can craft (can't buy) would be really cool.

2) Add an Elf Castle! With tons of loot in the keep, archers at the towers etc. the Aven soldiers can come with you and you can hire extra support like troll mercenaries. Really make the loot big.

3) Unleash the skeletons. We'll wander in the meadow after the main quest is completed and see a skeleton and an Aven guard randomly fighting. Maybe have the skeletons and spiders band together, a few of the skeletons could ride the spiders with bows?

20. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    #20 Ravensword Lover, Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you for your kindness and interest. Just to prevent misunderstandings, I must say a few words.

I'm not saying game is boring, bad, or techinacally insufficient. I'm on my third playthrough as a mage/archer build and having quite a fun. The game has nice graphics; you did very good with the textures (but please increase the texture size of the shields in first person), effects are brilliant, and most animations are smooth. It just has some minow flaws. Think Crescent Moon as a chief; they made a very good chocolate sauce cake, the cream is prepared well, ingredients are delicious but the sauce they put on the cake is kinda... err ..."bad" compared to the quality of the cake itself. So when that "sauce" becomes good as the cake, there will be an orgasmic dessert to eat.

Eager to see your next RPG. Good luck!

Also +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 on JBRUU's ideas. Good points.