Are retro style hardcore games still popular

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by KellyJohns, Mar 23, 2016.

1. KellyJohns

KellyJohns Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Hey everybody,
    Our small, yet super enthusiastic team has been working on a big project for the last 18 months. We are independent developers who try give this world something memorable. Unfortunately, we are constantly lacking budget and in order to keep our company alive, we made retro style game called Be Like Jack.

Please let us know what you think of it. The game was created with a help of warm memories about 8bit games we played being kids. What is lacking you think? Is the game difficult enough?

Many thanks

2. MoyaStudios

MoyaStudios Member

Jun 9, 2014
    making games i would like to play
    albuquerque, new mexico
    I think an awesome 8bit 16bit style game is always going to be in demand. Yes 8bit/16bit style is kind of getting cliche in the indie game development scene but if its done beautifully and the game mechanics are spot on I believe it will be a big hit. Some newish games like Owlboy, Hyper Light Drifter, Evoland, or even Bastion are awesome and have some old style graphics. Post some screenshots i'm interested in beta testing if you need some testers?

3. MoyaStudios

MoyaStudios Member

Jun 9, 2014
    making games i would like to play
    albuquerque, new mexico
    No problem and downloading your game right now :) I'll make sure to tell my friends about it and leave a review.