iPhone inCline Racer HD, First Look

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TwoLivesLeft, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Hi guys

We're excited to share our new iPad game with you. It's a game we've tried to make as pure fun to play as possible - all about speed, jumping, and achieving combos.

It is confirmed for an April 3 release. The iPhone/iPod version is on the way.

Enough talk, onto the important stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So the trick is to avoid landing on the red rope portions or you'll slow down? I'm not quite getting the danger/obstacle aspects here. :confused:

3. Thanks for taking a look, LordGek!

When you touch your finger to the iPad you make your racer fall faster. The trick is to pull your racer down and into the slopes such that you get a perfectly smooth landing. Coming down from a particularly high altitude can lead to splatting yourself into the ground if you land badly (you can see this in the video). Touching while going uphill will generally make you slower, which is a bad thing.

If you land well, however, you start to develop a glowing trail behind your racer and the more perfect landings you can line up the faster and faster you go.

There are several game modes, and each one has a different goal. We have spent a lot of time making sure this game feels absolutely perfect to play and really gives that sense of speed and tension. There are also tons of combos and bonuses to learn.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It does look fun, I can't wait to give it a spin (if and when I get an iPad).

5. We'll have a version for iPhone shortly. Besides, you'll be getting the beta for that even sooner :p

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Definitely looks good to me. It looks like it's going to be easy to pick up but still put up a challenge in mastering it.

Good job!

7. Thank you, VeganTnT! That's exactly the feel we have tried to create with this game.