Clue me in on the X-Men please.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I have seen all the recent movies, but that is all I know about the X-Men. I would love to go read more about them ( I have read Wikipedia )..... So, if you could offer one resource to learn more about them, I would really appreciate it..... be it a book or blog, or graphic novel..... But I would love to know more about the origins, to start with.

Thanks.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    My primary recommendation is to go by your local comic book store and pick up a graphic novel or two. If you can't or don't want to spend money public libraries often have a graphic novel section. Definitely start with the source material if you can.

Barring the original comics, if you have Netflix various X-men animated series are on NetFlix streaming and those shows have concise overviews of plot/characters from the comics. The 90s animated show is a personal favorite but Wolverine & The X-men is good too and even X-men Evolution has it's moments. I'll admit I've used having a kid as an excuse to revisit those shows myself.

Lastly there's always x-men.wikia.com/ which distills down different heroes/villians/plot down to online synopsis which might be the most reasonable way to catch up on 50 years of the X-men comic line and keep your sanity.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    If you want to really go hardcore, you could subscribe to Marvel Unlimited (link) for $70/year and read just about every back issue of X-Men comics.

Or, you might be able to find something like this on eBay, which would get you almost as many comics. Not good for iOS, though.

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Thanks a ton..... I like the idea of that item on ebay.

I have spent a lot of time on youtube today and found some cool stuff.

Oh, and I do have Netflix, so I will definitely look at that.

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't X-men TAS removed from Netflix awhile ago?

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You are correct... it turns out the 1990s X-men cartoon isn't on Netflix anymore, curse them. At least I've still got the DVDs. Wolverine & The X-men is a reasonable show worth checking out in it's place on NetFlix.