Towers N' Trolls Announcement

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EmberEntertainment, Feb 10, 2012.

1. EmberEntertainment

Feb 10, 2012
    #1 EmberEntertainment, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    Ember Entertainment is pleased to present a new kind of Tower Defense game.

Defend your kingdom from invading troll hordes in Towers N’ Trolls, the addictive quick-to-learn but difficult-to-master Tower Defense game, combining fast-paced arcade action with quick-thinking strategy.

Towers N’ Trolls features beautifully hand-painted environments and playful, light-hearted monsters from the Age of Fantasy.

Build and upgrade your defenses strategically to keep the monsters from reaching your castles. Employ ballistas, catapults, cannons, ice and lightning towers, even exploding powder kegs and noxious gas clouds to stop the trolls! Towers N’ Trolls updates the Tower Defense mechanic with active gameplay to keep you engaged and at the edge of your seat! With multiple difficulty levels, you can enjoy the experience as you like it, from Casual mode to Brutal, depending on your threshold for pain.

Brought to you by the creators of the console hits, "Toy Soldiers" and "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance"

Be sure to Follow everything TnT related on Facebook as we march toward release.

https://www.facebook.com/TowersNTrolls

Towers N' Trolls will be available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch on February 23rd!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look for more updates and a full web site coming soon!

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    From what little the screenshots reveal, it looks rather traditional. It also looks mighty pretty ;)

What are the mechanisms that make for "fast-paced arcade action" and makes this "a new kind of Tower Defense game"?

3. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Looks great. Please say it will have Game Center?
    Is there an actual release date yet?

4. EmberEntertainment

Feb 10, 2012
    Yep it definitely has Game Center support.
    No official release date yet as we just submitted to apple a few days ago. As soon as they approve and we know the date I'll be sure to post it on here as well as other sites. I imagine it would be within a week (knocking on wood)

5. EmberEntertainment

Feb 10, 2012
    Regarding the fast paced action. I'd say the major things that make it different there are the fact that the waves/enemy movement speed is just way faster than most Tower Defense games. You don't have time to wait around for long periods and carefully ponder what you are going to do next.

Also the quick weapons in the bottom right corner definitely add a more action-y feel to the game.

Additionally the enemy wave composition is randomized for each level which means replaying the same level can feel different each time. The same is true of what the enemies drop when they die whether it be more health or a variety of gems that let you purchase more quick weapons if you run out of them. The loot is random too.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    None of that sounds novel enough to actually result in a "new kind of Tower Defense game" (though, as I generally prefer deeper strategic gameplay, I am in no way a TD expert. I have come across each of those mechanics in TD games before, but admittedly never in the same game). But it does sound like the game will be very fun, and it really is very very pretty, so I'll be looking forward to it :)

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    LOL! Yeah, I've been asking this question a lot more lately too.

---------

This game looks awesome! I just hope it isn't set up like Spice Invaders. I'm also digging random loot drops.

8. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Has there been random loot drops on an iOS TD?

9. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I can't think of any. Looking forward to this. Hopefully won't be too long getting approved.

10. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Any news when this will hit the store?

11. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Dungeon Defenders.

12. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Fast-paced action is not my idea of fun, but random enemies and loot drops sound great.

13. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Looks good I like the art and the concept always up for another tower defense.

14. EmberEntertainment

Feb 10, 2012
    Towers N' Trolls coming February 23rd

We launch on the App Store February 23rd.

15. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Shame that you're making us wait :(

16. GURU2028

GURU2028 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
  17. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Looks great. I'm so excited for this. Think this is the game I am looking forward to most in the upcoming weeks.