Syncing Apps to a 2nd Gen iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Raro, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    #1 Raro, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Hey there!!!

First off, sorry if this is the wrong place. Not sure if these would be counted as game questions or not...

Anyway... My friend saw that I have heaps of apps and asked if I would be able to sync some of them from my computer to his iPod (2nd Gen). I agreed but have a couple of questions.

0. Is this legal / ok to do?

1. Will this affect me in any way? Is there a limit to the number of iPods I can connect to an account? Am I able to remove them afterwards? Anything else worth mentioning that may be of risk?

2. I've seen that a lot of apps aren't 2nd Gen compatible. Would there be any easy way to check from the games I own or would I need to manually look them up on the iTunes store and check them individually?

3. Is there anything else I should know? I know that he won't be able to update games (wouldn't let him log onto my account), but that should be fine as he only wants around ten to play while travelling on the train.

Thanks!

Edit: While I'm here, I've recently sorted through my Apps on my iPod and now have heaps on my laptop which I don't want. Is there any way to quickly delete them, as well as transfer the ones I've recently bought over to my laptop from my iPod? Thanks!

Double Edit:
    I have two Zenonia 3's in my library. Which should I keep? One has a dot on the end: "." and the other doesn't.
    Thanks!

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Wouldn't bother as 90% of the apps wouldn't sync to a 2nd Gen device.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    0. Yes, I think so. iTunes will ask you to login to that account before syncing though.

1. As far as I know there is no limit. iTunes does keep track of how many devices are registered to your account but you can remove devices from your account settings.

2. When you try to sync them, if they are not compatible, iTunes will not let them on and it will tell you also.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #4 backtothis, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    I sync games from my library to 6 devices, and 3 of them aren't within the family. It's definitely alright. Looks like the question about 2nd gen. compatibility has already been addressed.

Delete the Zenonia 3 with the period at the end.

Click transfer purchases instead of sync device to move apps from your device to the computer. The only way to delete apps from your computer is by manually doing it.

5. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Thanks for the help guys! :D