search not working on ipod touch

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by yourofl10, May 2, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Umm..IDK if there's a thread like this if I recall so there was but didnt find anything.

Anyways, when I;m on my device and click search the box opens,click on the text box to search,and it closes.

Makes me mad, dont know if this has been brought up yet......

I'm tired and I need some coffe sorry

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It doesn't work the first time. Do it again and it will work. I know, it's annoying.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It dosnt work for me at all :mad:

4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Searching on an iPod touch is super annoying. I don't blame people for "not searching" because it's such a pain in the ass... and if you don't know what the problem is, you might think it doesn't work at all.

In my experience, you have to set up the search bar the first time even though you know it's not going to work. Type a letter, watch the bar disappear, and then just click search again, and go through the process a second time. On the second try, it's always successful for me.

If you're still having trouble, play around with the sizing. Sometimes you need to make things bigger to register correctly.

GOD SPEED... this is annoying.

5. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Sometimes I just browse the forums instead of searching, even on a computer. The results that pop-up suck over half the time. I searched for adventures and platformer, I got match-3, racing, and relaxation apps.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'd prefer the search option to be easily accessible like check out forums.mtbr.com the search takes up a huge box above all the forums.