List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Look for a keypad that could relate to those things. There's a clue on it.

2. #1522 AppUnwrapper, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    I wanted to finish it tonight, but I can't keep my eyes open any longer and I'm starting to think they messed up on one of the codes. Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow. Good luck :)

Edit: Nevermind, I'm out! Should have been asleep hours ago :p
    I liked that one, though.

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So far I'm not liking it. I haven't been able to make a connection between anything I've found and any of the password encoded locks. Very frustrating.

4. You still stuck on the info you got from the binoculars?

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You betcha :)

6. You're gonna kick yourself when you figure it out ;)

Look at the only keypad that looks like it has any relation to the code. Combine the two clues you found from the binoculars based on this. Then try to think of it as an equation.
    Hope that helps!

7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Big Fish released The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe for the iPhone again last night (initial screenshot attached), but when I went to get the URL it is gone, again. Not really sure what is going on with it, but the initial play of the game seems really fun-equal parts simple puzzles and HdO.

Attached Files:

8. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I can see it in the App Store. Free with IAP. Any idea how much that is

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    $4.99 u.s.

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Will wait a while until it comes down in price methinks

On another subject, if anyone has a UK or other European iTunes account, the 12 Days of Christmas app is now available

11. Wow AppNavi is buggy. I tried to answer someone's question on the forum and the app crashed while I was sending. Now if I try to access that thread at all, the app crashes.

12. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    The Robinson Crusoe IAP is not active yet. If you try it you'll get an iOS pop-up that says "Product Not Available".

13. That seems to be a common issue with IAPs. Pretty frustrating. I was waking for the Bubble Bust update for a while, and when it finally came out, I couldn't download the new content for the first full day. Makes me wonder if IAPs are really all that great for developers as opposed to the usual paid version and lite version.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm not really sure that developers benefit that much from IAP in regards to "here's part of the game free and use IAP to unlock the rest". I think the benefit comes more from games like Farmville where it's "here's the whole game for free, but you really can't play it all that well unless you buy $100 worth of in-game coins".

15. I'm still amazed at all the money people spend on those games. I always wonder if they ever regret it.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Back in the day I used to play Magic: The Gathering (the actual physical card game). It's basically the same concept, just different media. When you're in the midst of playing it you don't really think about the expenses so much - a pack of cards every week, a special card for a few bucks here and there. None of it seems real expensive at the time. When i finally decided to quit, however, I realized that I had dumped over $1000 into the game, and I never really enjoyed it all that much while I was playing it. That's why I stay away from games like Farmville.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    AHEM I see someone now enjoys the IDAC games lol btw mark comments as spoilers bc I didn't play yet. :D

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #1538 Teagan, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    Is Magic the game similar to dungeons and dragons where pple get so involved they literally dress up etc? I'm pretty sure that is it. My cousin has written books about that. I think she had a bigger involvement but am not familiar enough w it to speak intelligently lol however, @eric google Beth Moursand and that game and you will understand lol

19. Lol oops sorry! What are you waiting for, anyway? ;)

As for paying for in-game stuff, I really can't justify to myself paying for a bunch of pixels. It's one thing to pay for the ability to play a game, another to pay for items in said game. Plus, it's just not the same as earning extras by playing. I'm really turned off by games that offer items that can *only* be purchased with money, as opposed to being able to just buy items faster than earning them. I actually don't bother with any Glu games anymore, after trying Eternity Warriors and realizing there was nothing I could earn by playing -- everything worthwhile had to be bought.

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    @app Lolololol I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming down! I was on the IDAC FB page and someone posted "we finished before appunwrapper! She's only on step 10 hahaha (they were referring to the new game but not sure how they knew you hadn't finished). Anyway, after I saw that I posted " hey, appunwrapper is a friend of mine!) lololol the person responded " really? Like you know her personally?" ( obviously they thought I was joking) so I said we were both on a thread on TA. Gosh, that was hilarious! They were rushing to finish before you haha!