Mission Europa FAQ and help.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrSpud, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #1 MrSpud, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Hello, MrSpud here, I was one of the main tester for Mission Europa and I had the chance to play the game quite a bit prior to release so I decided to write a FAQ to help people out. I will do my best to keep it up to date and I will also try to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to correct my spelling/grammar, English is my second language. Thank you and enjoy this great game!

Main site/Leaderboard http://www.missioneuropagame.com/

Blog/News http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com/

Mission Europa FAQs

What is Mission Europa?

Mission Europa is a First Person Shooter with a Role Playing Game twist. It plays similiar to other FPS such as N.O.V.A where you have your joystick at the bottom left and touch/drag for camera. You play with guns and melee weapons, there are also many skills and summons. Levels are randomly generated, each level has a unique boss. The game also has a complex loot system with armour sets and attributes. Your character levels up upon defeating enemies and you get to distribute stat points. Multiplayer is included, you have the option to try out your unique character against others.

When will it come out?

It's out now.

How much does it cost?

3.99$ for the main game, 0.99$ for additional episodes (4 or them). You can also choose to buy all four episodes for 2.99$, saving a dollar. On top of that you can buy the collector's edition for 9.99$, you get the whole game and you can wear enemy armours/skins, an awesome sword and armour, 100 mana and 100 health potions. The whole game is also unlocked.

What device will it work on?

All of them!!

How big it the file?

iTunes says 171Mb

Just started playing, now what?

After the tutorial you will teleported to the main town. At that point you should have the town portal skill installed by dragging it into one of the small square on your head up display (HUD), and you should have your weapon armed and ready to go. Talk to the avatar in the bunker and after taking on a quest you can then head out to the big door (follow the blood!) and start you journey.

Before heading out you may want to check out the shop, the blue sign inside the bunker. Buying and selling is as simple as drag and drop. At the red sign you can decide to purchase additional episodes. Outside next to the metal bin you have a teleporting console, next to it is your mail box where you can send items and messages. The red portal sends you to the multiplayer arena and finally, you may want to investigate those mysterious looking pillars as they get unlocked through the game, use at own risk!

Why should I register my name at the red postal?

You get to secure your name online, get achievements, leaderboard, multiplayer and other website related stuff. Your name is unique but can be changed later, nobody can steal your name since it's related to you UID.

I don't like the way the buttons are layed out.

No problem, you can rearrange every part of your HUD and place them wherever you want.

I used up all my HUD slots for skills and weapons, now what?

At the top right of your screen there's a double arrow button, pressing it allows you to switch between the three different tiers, keep pressing it to come back to the first tier.

I got some new gear, how do I put it on?

Same as the weapons, select it in your inventory and choose to equip it, you can also compare items with what you curently have equiped. Skills have to be added to the HUD the same way you did with the town portal skill. You can see what you character looks like by selecting character in the main menu.

Why do items have different colours in the backround?

It represents the item quality, it goes like this...

red = decrepit
    orange = rusted
    blue = common
    purple = saintly
    yellow with skull = angelic

I don't like all that text/numbers on the screen.

You can turn many features off in the option menu to adjust to your liking.

Can I listen to my own music?

Yes, music and sound effects can be turned off so you can listen to your own music. Multi-tasking is also supported.

Does it have GameCenter?

No, but it has something better. It has it's own website with leaderboard, achievements and you can see your character there as well. You can access it from the game's main menu.

Retina display?

Oh yeah!!

I'm having a hard time moving/aiming/shooting all at once.

If you press the fire button and hold it down, you can then move the camera around and once you release the button your gun will fire, it makes aiming much easier.

I'm having a hard time moving items around, they don't go in the slot like I want to.

When you move items around, the picture is offset a little bit to the upper right, do not go by the picture, go by where you actually press, it takes awhile to get used too but it does work well.

How long is the game?

Between 50-100 hours, 50 levels, 50 bosses, 4 summon levels and 177 quests total.

What do I do with schematics?

Put it in the create menu reserved slot and add the needed material, click create and there you go.

How do I level up skills?

You need to combine similar skills in the create menu to level them, then just press create. Some skills will upgrade but won't do anything, like town portal.

I need to restart/skip a quest.

It can be done at the teleporter console, follow the instructions.

What's the mailbox for?

You can send/receive items and messages to/from other users, the developer may even send you some goodies!

How does multiplayer work?

It's a 1 on 1 arena where you get to use your single player character, as of now this feature is in "Beta" state since testing was near impossible with just a few testers, more to come later...

I'm dead, now what?

Dying will send you back to town without any penalties, nothing loss. Levels and missions will reset. Progress is also saved when you exit the game, even if it crashes somehow.

Is there a map?

Yes, you can also zoom in and out, your objective is marked with a green marker and the boss is marked with a yellow marker.

Why can't I remove a certain piece or armour?

Your character can't be "naked", you must replace what you have equipped with something else, doesn't apply to weapons/shields.

What are the top bars on the HUD?

Top left is your health, top middle is you experience bar (level up when full) and top right is your energy (like mana) for your skills and such.

What are those pillars in town?

Each one is a special level and once you complete it and kill the boss you will receive a powerful summon skill. Pillars are unlocked as you play the game.

Stats breakdown:
    multA,
    multB,
    lowestLevel,
    highestLevel)
    {
    float statPercentageA = statBoostA * 0.003f;
    float statPercentageB = statBoostB * 0.003f;
    float statAddA = lowestLevel + highestLevel * (statPercentageA);
    float statAddB = lowestLevel + highestLevel * (statPercentageB);
    float totalPoints = statAddA * multA + statAddB * multB;
    return totalPoints;
    }

So take the stats involved and if it is 75% str then statA * 0.003f is N

Lowest level is irrelevant as it is always added. Then you have the at the highest level you will have X * N points ... thus there is your number + doing the same for the 25% increase... the multA and multB are there as tweaks for gameplay and are stat dependent knobs for me to turn in order to quickly adjust the input power...

(I would have to look where I have the "knobs" set for most of these for more information)

Energy = Energy you have
    power 75%
    int 25%

BaseWeaponDamage - Base additional weapon damage multiplier
    strength 100%

BaseRangedDamage - Increase ranged weapon damage.
    agility 75%
    int 25%

BaseSkillDamage - Increase ability damage
    int 75%
    power 25%

Attack Speed - decrease the attack speed...(this is minimal and I would not really shoot for this one consider it a fringe benefit)
    strength 75%
    power 25%

Cast Speed Mutl - Same as above..
    agil 75%
    power 25%

Health Regen - how fast you regenerate health
    strength 75%
    agility 25%

Energy Regen - how fast you regenerate energy
    int 75%
    power 25%

Speed - how fast you walk
    Agility 75%
    power 25%

Drain - drains energy
    VampEnery 75%
    int 25%

Vamp - drains health from the enemy (I would have to look where I have the "knobs" set.. I know later in the game this puppy is very significant)
    vamp 75%
    power 25%

Thank guys! If this doesn't answer your questions then ask away, your legitimate questions will be added to this FAQ, this game is so big I'm sure I may have missed a few things.

2. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Woohoo! This should tide me till release.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks a ton for all the info man. I'll definitely be reading your posts and following this thread until the game is out.

4. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Different weapons

Hey spud, it's Kirk, and I was just wondering what kinds of weapons there were, especially since I have heard about a flamethrower and things like that, so, is there a flamethrower, and what is the doomsday device?

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nice list man. Could you by any chance list all, if not atleast some, of the weapons in the game please? :)

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    you should put the file size in the first post but nice work MrSpud!!!

7. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    #7 MrSpud, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    The doomsday device is like a mounted turret that spits out skulls, very useful. I believe Ryan, the developer, is going to mail it as a gift to first time buyers, one of the advantage of the mailbox system.

The guns are all very different in many ways, some have high rate of fire but big recoil or low accuracy. Some shoot plasma, some bullets. There's a crossbow, rocket launcher, many different attributes like fire, shock... It's pretty complex! All the loot is random so you never know what're going to get. You also get a skill early on that lets you aim/zoom any weapon, always keep that one on your HUB!

edit:
    Got it Fireball!

8. They're on the game's official site... (Click on Items tab)

http://missioneuropagame.com/

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  10. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Whoa!!!! Awesome much, I love this game even more!!!!!!

11. Acidflameterror

Acidflameterror Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Student
    When will ME be released?

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    thanks and only real reason i suggested that is because of all the content people might think its going to be over 500mb or something... a real turn off for gamers with little space

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    In a week or two

14. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    #14 Doom, Mar 8, 2011
    Great Job Mrspud! Had someone ask about how to quickly tell if a looted item is worth anything or not...here is the best way..:
    if color if drop is:
    brown, yellow, green...save for selling in store...junk but good for cash to buy other things :)
    blue, purple, white...I think...;) are good..keep, compare with what armor u have..equip..sell your old one...Done.
    Once again...great job sir!

15. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Good idea Doom. :) Hopefully it goes through this time.

16. lord timmie9

lord timmie9 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
  17. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    no im pretty sure there isn't (correct if wrong) but seriously don't let that turn you away this is going to be awesome (ask the beta testers);)

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #18 bigred447uk, Mar 8, 2011
    Well looking forward to this. Just seen the Appspy hands on preview. Looks amazing. Looks like more open levels / variety in level design / better production / more involving story than Necro :D

Day one collectors edition for me !

19. VoidRay

VoidRay Member

Feb 23, 2011
    will there be a lite version of the game?

20. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    No gyroscope, I can't believe I didn't even request it while testing! Completely forgot about it, maybe if enough people want this feature it may get implemented. I don't use it myself, except if I play Galaxy on fire or something like that.

No lite version as far as I know, and to answer your question bigred, yeah dude :cool: they all are..