Universal Heroes of Steel (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Shut up! You guys really added achievements?!?! Do I need to start over to get them or just continue on? I am not far in if that helps the decision?

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@Amenbrother - we go the distance for our customers! Glad you're excited. You asked for them!

There are 5 story achievements (7 in the next release) and depending on how far you are, you might have missed one. The rest are gameplay driven, so you should be fine to continue your game. If you want to tell me where you are, I can provide a full answer while still avoiding spoilers.

We'll be adding more over future releases as we add some really exciting new content to the game as well.

3. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I guess you guys do! Anyway I just made it out of the prison, I am about to buy the first episode. Do I need to start over or no?

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@AmenBrother - nope, if you're just there you are fine to continue. You haven't missed any of the story achievements!

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome!

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We can see folk getting Achievements through our console! How are they going?

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The newest release of Heroes of Steel expands the game with Episode 2 Act 2 - new dungeons, new towns, new monsters, and new story arcs. And, if you've already bought Episode 2, you get it for Free!

What's New in Version 2.2.5
    - Episode 2 Act 2 released - new story arcs, 2 new towns
    - Fight across 9 new dungeons, 7 new monster types
    - Return to Braeyshaulm to advance negotitations
    - Return to Brunehorn inn to learn of a Druid
    - Travel east out of Brunehorn to Granthorn
    - Travel east out of Braeyshaulm to Gholla Outlook
    - Travel east out of Braeyshaulm to Bone Pass
    - Added potion shop to Granthorn, fixed Granthorn map bugs
    - Improved story response to world events (Gholla Outlook, Valent negotiations)
    - Improved and added backstory (Reeve at Granthorn Inn, Hermit in Bone Pass)
    - Improved transitions in story events (Hunting Lodge)
    - Monsters retake some northern travel dungeons after story events
    - Fixed centering of all spider-type monsters
    - Improved balance of War Trolls
    - Balanced combat abilities of metallic spiders & summoned spiders
    - Death count display on games list
    - Increased power of HP / SP potions across all levels
    - Improved display of AoE icons in talent list
    - Listing max number of targets for AoE based on skill
    - Add tutorial dialog about gaining Levels and spending Advantage Pts
    - All Hunds & Wolves use different animation for Hit / Miss
    - Improved New Game UI
    - Fixes Reported Bugs, Typos, Crashes

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

If you didn't love your shield-Outlander before, now is the time to come back to Phalanx Shield and give it another go. The latest Heroes of Steel update, v2.2.9, brings unique new abilities to Vraes' second defensive Talent, Phalanx Shield. Not only do you gain consistent Parry and Armor bonuses, your leading warrior is now capable of deflecting a flat percentage of all ranged attacks! At Level 1 Phalanx Shield, Vraes turns aside a massive 18% of all ranged attacks - arrows, knives, magic!

[​IMG]

What's New in Version 2.2.9
    - Improved balance of Phalanx Shield (+parry, auto-block % of ranged attacks)
    - Improved balance of Stone Skin (+earth res)
    - Improved triggers of waves in Siege of Gholla Outlook
    - Improved balance of Nordhall Troll, added campsite to North Vault
    - Fixed Quest Log issues: Excavation Site, Vlotgar at Hunting Lodge, lingering logs
    - Improved Talent display on all devices, scrolling in list
    - Restored Spear sales at Riven Field
    - Area attack damage values no longer overlap in large crowds
    - Improved Quest Log entries across the board, better location tags
    - All monsters animate differently to be being hit or missed by an attack - over 40 new animations!
    - Improved character art and backgrounds
    - Fixed issue with repetitive Skip Intro

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The Dueler character is coming out soon, but it looks like there is a hiccup in our review at Apple, so it may be a few more days. Sorry all for the wait!

[​IMG]

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The latest release of Heroes of Steel is huge! Both the Dueler and Leaderboars have dropped!

Read more about how to post high scores to the leaderboard here:
    http://www.tresebrothers.com/heroes-of-steel/leaderboards

Kincaid brings 10 all new Talents and hundreds of new strategies to try within your group. Will he lead your group with his unflinching tactical eye and his Flanking Unity Talent – the only Talent in the game to add large-scale Damage and Accuracy to the group. Or, will you making him a defensive stone-wall with Sure Parry, auto-blocking every attack thrown his way? Will he hurl throwing knives across the field, taking his enemies off guard so that his blades – or your group – can finish the job. Or, will he lead with Storm of Steel, the only Area of Effect Melee Attack! Needless to say, Kincaid brings all new possilibities to an already immense tactical landscape.

With Kincaid’s arrival, all 8 characters are now in the game and there are 16 possible group combinations. Which will you play today?

What's New in Version 2.2.15
    - Rank your Score on the new Leaderboards today
    - Dueler now available - bladesman combining speed and finesse; new for $1.99
    - Visit an inn or Way Station to post your best score to the leaderboards
    - Classic leaderboards for all, ironman leaderboards for "no death" groups
    - Fixed melee area of effect attack for Dueler - Crippling Strikes, Storm of Steel
    - Fixed map bugs, quest log issues, dialog typos
    - Fixed display of Holy damage in Talent detail box
    - Added thrown weapons to the game - Dueler only
    - New unique combat talents including Sure Parry - Dueler only
    - Fixed display issue with Phalanx Shield Auto-block
    - Fixed Gates of Gholla Outlook bug, duplicate weapons in shops

[​IMG]

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

12. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Bought this on a whim and I've got to say, I'm totally enthralled! It's just the right mix of story, exploration, and strategy. The devs have put a lot of love into the game since it's release and it shows. I'd hardly call this 3 stars anymore, time for an updated TA review? Thank you devs!

13. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Is there any sharing of saves between iPhone and iPad? Would love to be able to play on both but don't see a way to sync right now.

-Greg

14. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    #214 vonknut, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    Just got to the point in the game, where vraes stomps on the ground and say 'try to stop me stomp on your holy ground'
    -priceless :)

This is maybe the strangest game to fall in love with, started really kitchy and cliche, but really grows on you - especially the story

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much :) I'm glad it captured you. I loved telling this story in the world of Steel.

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you! We've seen Shaun talking about doing an RPG Reloaded piece on Heroes, so hopefully, yes!

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

18. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Unlike the "Elite" thread, this one seems to be back in action, so I will just copy and paste what I wrote there here ...

I purchased the "Elite" version of this yesterday evening on the strength of Shaun Musgrave's "RPG Reload" (re)review of the game ... and I have to say that although I am still toddling along in the first dungeon, I am enjoying this game immensely. The fact that there is so much more content to look forward to (91 dungeons and about a dozen towns - did I get that right?) just makes it better.

I am wondering, though, about whether there are advantages (other than just a bit of variety) to purchasing the other four characters: do they unlock new areas, quests, plot twists, etc. ... or are they just an alternative set of faces/skills with which to play through the game?

Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely digging the game ... and if the attention to detail, etc. continues as I progress further, I will definitely be throwing some more money at the devs on principle alone. I'm just curious what to expect!

Rob

19. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015

Nice post.. Same boat here..

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@Rob - thanks for the post and the encouragement. Shaun's latest re-review was great.

Each of the four characters brings their own 10 Talents and mix of abilities to the game and can really change play and combat dynamics. There are limited areas in the game that are locked to certain characters, different approaches to storylines available if you have Kjartan or Vincent, as an example. I don't want to give these impression that these are often, but there are branches.

Also, each character has their own unique voice and a lot of special dialog has been written to support that.