Retina Display Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TJA, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJA

TJA Member

Aug 2, 2010
    #1 TJA, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    It's a bit annoying trying to find some great apps for the Retina Display at the moment. Anybody have any ideas for some good ones?

I currently have: Real Racing, Eliminate Gun Range, Paper Toss, Foosball, Flight Control and Brothers in Arms 2, which all look beautiful.

Thanks. :)

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Welcome to Touch Arcade :) It is my duty to inform you that you have posted this in the wrong forum, good sir :cool:

It belongs in this forum. But I'm sure the mods will be nice and move this to the appropriate forum, so need reposting it :D

3. TJA

TJA Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Sorry! Thanks for the welcome anyway. :)

4. Souzouteki

Souzouteki Active Member

Aug 1, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #4 Souzouteki, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    Sure, there's Gameloft's N.O.V.A, Iron Man 2, Splinter Cell, Asphalt 5, Hero of Sparta II and Prince of Persia.

Godfinger also has some retina support, they're adding more with updates.

Archetype, if you're into online FPS.

Then others such as Zen Bound 2, Carcassone, Chopper 2, Plunderland, Jet Car Stunts, Pool Bar HD, Depict, Aqueduct and Sword of Fargoal.

That's about it I think, games which I know about anyway.
    Oh, and there's Doodle Find, which is free and isn't that bad if you're into that kind of game haha.

Hope that helps!

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Let's Golf 2, Hero of Sparta 2 and NFL 2011.

6. svolskiy

svolskiy Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Kiev
    Pinball HD 4 iPhone soon in AppStore.

Attached Files:

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I think that most Gameloft games are updated for the iPhone 4, I'm not personally sure if they look nice, but they may do. Try some of their lite versions to see.

8. TJA

TJA Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Thanks for the help everyone, I've picked up some good apps. I still believe that Apple should add a sort of label to Retina Display apps, like the 'Universal' app symbol.

9. bcarbone

bcarbone Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    iPhone Developer
    Estero, FL
    Golf? Seriously? lame.

Jet Car Stunts looks really fun. I plan to buy that next time I get a gift card.

10. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Good list.:)

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    They look great. The lite versions haven't been updated though, so there's no way of seeing how they look for free.

Let's Golf 2 is actually pretty good. You don't necessarily have to like golf to enjoy the game. I don't like golf in real life (except for crazy colf) but I still found it to be a pretty fun game. It got some excellent reviews too. 9/10 from both IGN and Pocket Gamer. Probably the best, if not one of the best rated games of the year so far.

12. coffinfeeder

coffinfeeder Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    Actually, reviews say that this is the best golf game on the app store.. The the visuals are supposed to be amazing on the iphone4.

13. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  14. TJA

TJA Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Yeah, Brother's in Arms 2 looks amazing, so I can imagine the other Gameloft games do as well.

Shame I didn't buy Nova at 99p, or X-Plane 4 at £6.99. I can't bring myself to buy them at the higher prices when I could have brought them at a lower cost. :(

15. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Let's Golf 2 looks amazing on the retina display. Don't hate.

16. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Any upcoming games with retina display support? I've only heard about Across Age, but there hasn't been any news since the original announcement as far as I know.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Aralon Sword and Shadow will have retina support (and there will also be a retina display update to Ravensword).

And of course, any upcoming Gameloft game is bound to have retina support.

18. bcarbone

Mar 19, 2010
    iPhone Developer
    Estero, FL
    Haha really? I don't HATE at all. I don't like Golf games. I mean, you can't pay me to play a golfing game. But, that's just me. Just like how some people don't like FPS (yes, it's rare but they do exist).

19. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    lol he's right bout the fps part. I used to hate fps games. Till i played call of duty modern warfare

20. bcarbone

Mar 19, 2010
    iPhone Developer
    Estero, FL
    Pfft! Yes I've played golf games. Not on my iPhone but I have played golf on the wii and some other consoles. Golf just isn't my kind of game.