Universal Muffin Knight (By Angry Mob Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Sep 1, 2011.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    so the prince mode is just like new game with increased difficulty and that's all? that makes prices of all upgrades really ridiculous, very strange design.

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Drat!!!!

still can't play this game because it keeps crashing.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Twitter update from Feb 10:

6. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
  7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Awesome!
    I just started playing this game the other day. Can't believe I'm so late to the fray. This isn't usually my kind of game but man is it well done!! It really does give you that "just one more turn feeling". And the rpg type stuff of leveling up and unlocking characters is great.

I get some lag now and then on iPhone 4 iOS 5

Multiplayer was already pretty good so coop will be great.
    It's a great idea to have a button there to enable u to be open to starting an online game while you play the single player. Brilliant.

I got super crate box as well, but that seems wayyy harder to start with. Currently I rate this the better one
    A very well done gone. Sound track additions would be good though..getting over the repeating music.

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I too hope this update addresses the fairly pronounced lag.

9. GuerrillaBob

GuerrillaBob Well-Known Member

CO-OP Multiplayer

Hey guys!

The CO-OP multiplayer update just went live!

Each player picks his own colored muffin. If your teammate dies, you can revive him by picking up his muffin.

We also upgraded the game engine to the latest Unity 3.5 version, which gives us some better performance.
    Most of the lag you noticed previously was because of iCloud net traffic (when saving games) and because of writing save games data and stats to the internal device memory (that one seems to be slower on the iPod touch 4th gen)

So all those are fixed, and you should be getting a lag free experience!

In other news, Muffin Knight is now available for FREE (the full game is free) on the PC and Mac. Get it here: http://bit.ly/MKonline

Have fun!

10. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    great news! because the lag on the previous version made the game - at least in my opinion - completely and utterly unplayable. gonna try this again now, see how it runs with the new unity.

thank you!

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Runs so much better since the update. Thanks!

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    AWESOME news, gonna check it out.

13. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    My iPod has been having space problems for the last few months. I deleted a few apps and added some. This game is amazing. It's so awesome and so much fun! I like all the little characters. My favorite so far is Unicorn. It seems like it's the most useful and dangerous. The game makes me mad but I come back for more!

14. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    This is improving while Super Crate Box is stalling. I should not have deleted this game.

15. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Muffin Knight is so superior to Super Crate Box in style and content it isn't funny.

Hopefully the game has done well enough worldwide for AngryMobGames to bring it to other platforms like PSN and XBLA, and hopefully they can afford squeeze out a few more content updates. Thanks you so much for everything so far. :)

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Apparently an retina update for the new iPad was submitted a few days ago for this game.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... Sigh... Like the post a few posts above, I shoudnt have deleted this. Getting it again. :)

18. psy-phi

psy-phi New Member

Feb 11, 2011
    After the update, I seem to be having trouble with the cloud save? It still on my phone, and still works (with the old version there), but the iPad is just constantly syncing. I hope to hell I don't have to unlock all the stuff I did again.

Can anyone confirm if they're also having this issue on the 3rd gen? My buddy here at work on his iPad 2 updated after me, and his save is pulling down just fine.

19. GuerrillaBob

GuerrillaBob Well-Known Member

The iPad retina display is now out.

Here's what it looks like compared to older iOS devices:

[​IMG]

20. xmaster8621

xmaster8621 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    When i play multiplayer, (which is awesome) i see some people with a crown over their head, What's up with that??