Universal DARIUSBURST SP [by TAITO]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The music in the trailer is awesome! How much new music is added to this release? Also, any chances of seeing Another Chronicle content as DLC?

2. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    It's all a question of whether you'll get your money's worth out of it.

I'm not sure if I've turned into a casual gamer or just never evolved from the NES era, but give me 8- or 16-bit style gameplay with current-day sound quality and I'll prefer it over most of the $50 games released.

That said, this is a bit too much for me at the moment as well - I'd rather buy ten 'dollar titles' and get an hour's play out of each of them. But I'll definitely keep an eye on this one for impressions and the eventual sale.

3. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Confirmation from Taito on Facebook about the campaign,
    :D

4. This has all of the content of the PSP game (which never got released outside of Japan), 4 new ZUNTATA songs, a new remixed story mode, two boss battles from the ANOTHER CHRONICLE arcade game, and the new Assault Silver Hawk ship from ANOTHER CHRONICLE EX. Sounds and visual effects are an improvement over the PSP edition, too. A lot of love went into this game.

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Sold (but not bought yet).

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    :eek: I wish my internet was faster :( Still downloading...

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Is there any IAP? I'm happy to pay the asking price for what looks like a quality title but not if it is going to attempt to nickel & dime me afterwards.

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #29 russiaone, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Yo, this looks stupid dope. Looked like Sanuku had a good handle on the ship.

9. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Damn, not on the UK app store yet...

10. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I also can't see this on the Japanese store either. Currently only available in US?

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Still nothing on the EU appstore too... Taito could you look into it? I really want this one :)

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#33 Sanuku, Feb 9, 2012
    Ontopic:

If I wouldn`t already had bought the Game the Launch Trailer would have made me smash the Buy Button in less then the first twenty Seconds after I had watched it over and over again.

Let`s be Honest:

We get the Content from the PSP Version + All DLC + More Content + Universal for an Price of a Glass of Wine = Instant Buy if you are a Fan of the Genre.

Offtopic:
    Follow the white Rabbit...

Sidenote:

The hole talk about expensive Appz is a Joke if I compare the current Prices with those from the Xbox Live-/PSN - Network/Nintendo Market Place.

I still don`t understand how someone (Not eAdvisory) could buy a Call of Duty/Battlefield/World of Warcraft/.. for $70 and then come to the Forum and cry a River about a App that cost more then $.99 = Blasphemy.

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Waiting for the release in Germany, instabuy then! I really welcome the boldness to ask for better / more realistic prices. This, Ghost Tricks... you really get what you pay for! And much more!

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Does anyone not read the earlier pages ?!

The Taito guy seemed to suggest it'll be out tonight for the UK/Europe, shame its a day later but a nice surprise as i didnt think it was out.

Watched the video, looks great, pricey but i've still got vouchers from Xmas so il'l use those

15. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #36 Teknikal, Feb 9, 2012
    If this is even half as good as the other versions of Darius I think it's now the best shooter on IOS can't wait till I have some credit to try it out. Nice Surprise.

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah i read that too but i thought that he was talking about midnight yesterday, because it's weird that it's already there on the us appstore. Anyway, we'll see if it pops up tonight!

17. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Amen to that man... This is where the true blue fans come out (provided they have the money) this one looks to damn good ... Even with the vita coming on the 14th , Tales of the Abyss for 3ds on the same day and me putting out mad loot for gaming this mth on IOS ....I still CANNOT pass this up!

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Wow... just wow. Worth every single cent of that $10.99.

19. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Otoh, I've bought so many apps that I'm dying. I must've bought 300 apps with some of them costing quite a bit, navigon for example. Look amazing though. What's up with coming out the same day as blissful death?