FreeAppADay.com substitute for free!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Coops58, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    http://www.appfanatic.350.com/Home.htm
    This page is very basic, but any sugestions are very much wanted. I want to create a site that is a free version of freeappaday.com . I was appauled by the 600 dollar cost to give away your app so I made this. It will look better after the weekend when I have some free time and also when some dev's sign up. I'm looking to start early february with a more polished site. It isn't the best because I don't want to pay for a domain/server hosting. For all I know this may turn out to be an epic fail but if it turns out to help some developers thats all that matters. When someone releases a real website that has their own domain I will transition any remaining (if I have any) developers to that site (as long as it is free and a lot better) This is just a substitute to help boost sales until such occurs. Please give me your oppinion and email me if you want to help. I'm in for the dev's, and if I had enough money I'd get my own domain, but I don't so this'll have to do.
    Please give me impression's ect.... I really just want to helpout and will hopefully make the site more eyepleasing as time goes by.....

Ps. Realize that this was done by a free webpage builder and I have very little time to spare untill saturday afternoon.

2. Hi Coops!

Not sure if you are aware, but we are developing FreeAppCalendar.com into a professionally-run alternative to FreeAppADay.com! There are a few other threads about it in the developer forums.

You're of course welcome to create your own alternative as well though, but I thought you might want to know. :)

3. jonlink

jonlink Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Sasquatch
    Japan
    I've also been working on a this kind of idea.
    http://thedailyapp.org

These aren't all free though, it is just a spotlight for one app everyday. It is free for dev's.

It's still in the early stages, but it is up an running. I'm not satisfied with the look and feel yet, but I have and idea of where I'll be moving it.

4. YmirMobile

YmirMobile Active Member

I like the one App a day idea. Simple and good. I am always a bit overwhelmed reading the major review blogs.