So how many people bought 10+ apps in the past week?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jun 26, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I normally only occasionally buy apps. But with all the sales going around, I've been going on an app buying frenzy.

I bought about 30 apps in the past week (the only one I paid over $4 for were EDGE and Quantum Collapse)!! And I love most of them.

Who else has gone on an app buying frenzy thanks to all the sales going on?

2. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    I actually think that if you polish your indie app and make it top notch, you'll actually benefit from the current sale frenzys.

I've been going on an app buying craze thanks to all the price drops. And I've had good experiences since I was getting fantastic games for low prices. It was very psychologically reinforcing. So I just kept buying more apps, anything discussed on the forums that was under $3 basically.

And many of the apps I wound up buying are polished ones from indie developers.

If what I was buying was $60 retail games, then no, I would never buy more than one per month.

But I can easily justify spending $60 buying a ton of quality games that are all around $2 or so.

A rising tide lifts all boats and what not.

Just make sure your app is well presented and polished and has some gameplay variety to make it fun, and you'll do great.

3. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    For console games ($60),I try to limit myself to one every couple months. Same thing for my touch (as in try to spend $60 every couple months), I try not to get a craving to buy all the games because I know I wont be playing them long. Buy one game and enjoy it for as long as you can.

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    You have 2 accounts or something and logged in under the wrong one and responded to your own question?
    Sure seems that way.....

Edit - This is intended at wikoogle for both posts (#1 and #2)

5. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    lol...yep u seem rite:D

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Console games - At least two per month, if not more
    App Store - Don't really keep count, I just try to make sure I don't waste my money on apps I won't like later
    DS/PSP - Same as console games

7. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Mr. Charley, lol no.

The second was actually my post to a thread of a dev asking how he can compete with all the influx of big budget games selling for .99 cents.

I figured my reply worked very well in this thread too so I just posted it here as well.

8. dacool561

dacool561 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I have easily =) but i'm a first time iDevice owner with the release of the 3GS, so i've been buying like crazy and trying to catch up on all the years of gaming i've missed on this platform =)

9. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Easily that many. But with all the 3gs sales and quality apps dropped to free... I spent maybe 6 bucks. So... yeah. Awesome.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The AppStore has been out for a month. One (1). Singular.

I probably have before, but after giving myself a limited budget, I've been able to control my urges. I usually end up annoyed at over half of my purchases, so I'm usually pretty careful.

11. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Been buying a ton lately as well, I've lost count. But with all of the sales going on recently I don't really feel guilty about it. I've pretty much stopped all console purchases ever since my iPhone became my go-to platform of choice.

12. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    In the past week i have bought at least 37. The most ever was 59 but that was like a month after the appstore opened

13. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #13 CBraun53, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Maybe I am misunderstanding this or something, but the appstore has been out for almost a year... not one month.

But back on topic, the only things I have downloaded this week were Let's Golf, Hero of Sparta, Real Soccer 09, X2 Football Lite Edition, and Castle of Magic Lite for a total of $3.00 (plus tax). I try to wait to buy another game until I have completed another one, unless their is a $0.99 sale.

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Think you meant year...:)

15. JTHM87

JTHM87 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Auto Finance
    King of Prussia, PA
    I must be a professional at bending the time-space continuum because I have lots of games from 4+ months ago :D

16. Entropic

Entropic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I've bought 15+ games in the last week.
    A bunch of 1$ ones, and others, including Real Racing, EDGE, F.A.S.T., Myst, Tetris, Vector Tanks, Zenonia, cs.one, Enigmo.
    I'm not regretting any of them.