Are the Resident Evil games worth it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spidey146, Nov 28, 2009.

?

Should I get RE and if yes which one?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2009.
  1. Resident Evil 4

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Resident Evil: Degeneration

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I wanted to know if either of the Resident Evil games are worth the money, i have read reviews and customers are complaining theyre too short so I wanted the opinion of my fellow TAers to see if i should toss the cash.

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    they are both worth it, Resident Evil 4 is a little better. If you get one and like it chances are you'll like the other one.

3. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I thought they were a disappointment especially compared to the older Resident Evil games

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    For a mobile phone game RE4 is absolutely amazing!

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    If you have never played a RE game before and are acustom to fast, action packed games then this may not be the game for you. I didnt like it, prolly because Im too used to really fast games.

6. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    you should just get call of duty...

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I liked them

8. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If you can stand godawful controls, get them. If not, avoid them like a plague.

Try the lite versions first.

9. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    what omega said was right. try out the lite version for degeneration. if you like it, buy it. but the characters are unrealistic. but resident evil 4 is much better and everything is top notch.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, it depends on preferences. Resident Evil Dengeneration was more of a typical Resident Evil game where you follow the storlyine and travel to different parts of one setting. Yes, this includes the backtracking that Resident Evil is (in)famous for. On the other hand, Resident Evil 4 is more of a fast paced, mission based game based on the events of Resident Evil 4. It doesn't tell the story well, but has most of the big higlights of the game. It's usually described as a greatest hits version of the full game. I have both and enjoy them thoroughly, but I've only beaten Degeneration. I had more free time to play that one, and I find games to be much easier to beat when there's a compelling story behind it (I enjoyed the story in Degeneration). Maybe that's why I've beaten almost all of the adventure games I start.

Either way, it boils down to this. If you want a story driven, more typical Resident Evil game, and don't mind a bit of outdated graphics (they really could have used more polygons...), Degeneration is your game. If you're more for a mission based version of MOST of Resident Evil 4 (from what I've heard it cuts off the end of the game after fighting Verdugo or whatever its name is) with faster gameplay, more guns, the same familiar gameplay, and amazing graphics, Resident Evil 4 is for you. If you can, get both though as they are really 2 different experiences that are hard to miss out on.