Final Fantasy III Guide (For iOS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iphoneprogrammer, Mar 28, 2011.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I had a difficult time finding a complete guide that contained a walkthrough, a job evaluation sections, a boss evaluation section, and a section for maps. So I decided to compile all the guides I found online into one easy to navigate guide. The guide comes in two files, a .doc (for Microsoft Office users) and a .pages (for iWork Users). I tried to save it as a PDF but the map images lost a lot of quality, so much so, that everything was unreadable. Enjoy! I would like to hear your thoughts and comments on what is needed, or if you want any other game guides for iOS games. I would be happy to start.

http://www.4shared.com/document/A2e_A6GE/Final_Fantasy_III_Guide__iOS_.html (This is the .doc file)

http://www.4shared.com/file/usxmdp0O/Final_Fantasy_III_Guide__iOS_.html (This is the .pages file)

2. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Thanks! This is really useful! :D

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well done -- thanks!

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I know you only compiled it but in the town of Kazus I found a Mythil Helm as well as a staff next to the lake.

P.S. Great Guide!

5. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Nice job! This should come useful. I have a question, by the way, but I don't know if this thread is for asking/answering questions about the game...

6. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Yes it is...so fire away.

7. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    I did too..may have to change this.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Very impressive. This must have taken quite a number of hours. Formatting is great, and it is really easy to use. Thanks for all the time you spent on this. I'll spread the word...

9. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    hey, iphoneprogammer, in the section of your guide about unlocking Iron Giant Boss you mentioned "First of all, in order to unlock this boss you need to send at least 8 messages via Mognet to your friends."

How can we send messages via Mognet??

10. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Ah yes, as this guide was for the DS version you were able to send messages to friends. I have yet to reach that part yet but I really don't know...in all honesty I have no clue. It seems like something that everyone will have to figure out once they reach that part. I will look around and try to find some info.

11. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    #11 12yam, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    Ok, cool. I'm going up some sort of 'dragon mountain (?)' to save a guy who I think was named 'Desch'.. I'm using one monk, warrior, red mage, and white mage, and all are at least level three in there respective jobs. However, whenever I try to attack the enemies on this mountain with these characters, I only do a total of 1 damage per character. The only way I do any sort of effective damage to the enemies on this mountain is through black magic with my red mage. This, however, gets exhausted quickly, and I am left with no magic and no way to fend myself against the monsters on the island. The guide unfortunately did not give any tips. Have you guys got any..? Thanks :D

EDIT: I just checked the name of the place I am at right now...it's actually called Dragons Peak

12. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    I would not use the red mage right off the bat. I had 1 warrior, 1 freelancer, 1 white mage, and a thief. The warrior and freelancer both had 1 shield and 1 sword, with all head chest and hand gear. same with my thief cept for her i had 2 knifes with leather gear. The white mage I left alone as she only needs to heal my group. I would also reccomend buying lots of potions, as well as gold needles to combat the petrification, as discussed in the guide.

13. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Thanks! Health wasnt an issue compared to dealing damage. I just realised :eek:, none of my characters had equipped any weapons! I assume thats the reason they did no damage...Its weird, though, because the attack rating without weapons is at 20 or 18, and and the attack rating of my strongest weapon, Wightslayer, is only 15 and therefore lowers my rating...

I'm confused :p

14. kaokien

kaokien Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Keeping your girlfriend company
    Add iKaokien GameCenter
    shield is not really needed as another weapon is so much better to use better damage output

15. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    its because your bare hands with your jobs are better than the weapons
    thanks to whoever explained it to me
    i would go grind some more if your only doing a couple damage...
    im stuck...
    i want to get my thief to level 71 to get gungnir lance from odin for my dragoon, but its only level 14 right now...
    advice?

16. kaokien

Oct 21, 2009
    Add iKaokien GameCenter
    I'm loving the guide but you are missing a few items here and there but i'm pretty sure they will go unmissed. great job ! :D

17. kaokien

Oct 21, 2009
    Add iKaokien GameCenter
    Suggestion

me too im job level 23 i'm leveling to 99 if you beat the boss at saronia castle and you get the new plane i suggest travelling back to the other world and guarding for 4 rounds then killing your enemies most of the time you will level up.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/46045 search job levels and read for how you can calculate how much actions it requires to level up. hope this helps!

18. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i did
    but i got bored, so i went back...

19. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Great work there iphoneprogrammer, that's a huge amount of effort. It'd come in handy after I got around to buying the game, thanks!

20. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK