Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah this new update is pretty good

2. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Universal or iPad only...

I'm waiting for a universal or "HD" release. I don't play games on my phone. Just my iPad2. So, once you guys release this as either "Universal" or "HD" I will insta-buy. But not before.

I've bought games hoping to support the developer and wait for the ipad version only to be disappointed by either a) no update to universal, or b) a separate release trying to make me buy it again.

So, I say to the developers...

Don't "wait to see how it does". Make it universal or release a 2nd "HD" edition.
    There are many of us who are waiting to buy it.

While universal is always the favorable option for the buyers, I would buy a "HD" version for ipad.

3. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi Scubi, Junk Jack will become universal, as we stated many times.

Check out our blog for some work in progress ipad (and osx tests too) screenshots:

https://pixbits.wordpress.com/

There is still some work to do to optimize it and make sure that everything works ok, but rest assured that it will be released :D

4. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    If you dig down far enough and find metal crates you sometimes find sticks of dynamite.:)

5. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Thanks for the update!
    Sorry if it was answered before. I didn't want to read through 140+ pages of people asking how to craft things (That will happen after purchase. haha).

I'm glad to hear it will become Universal. I am looking forward to purchasing it!

Thanks again for your reply. It's great that the developers are still answering questions even after their game is successful.

6. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Or you can go on the junk jack forums and download the world i made as it has several thousand of each explosive. The idea was to use it for custom maps.

7. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah, that's looking like the best option. I'm wearing the bomb hat and delving for bomb slimes and crates.

One note about those, btw: Diamond and Gold chests are the worst. They're just full of useless junk. At best, some gold tools. Yay? Who cares.

The biome-specific chests are great, and the steel crates are good. But I see the "main" hell-level chests and just don't care. Nothing ever good in them!

8. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I love, love, love this update.

Which may or may not be a shameless bump of a thread for a game I dearly love. Ahem.

9. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Thanks for the fixes!

A new update just came out, you see.

10. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi guys, the new 1.5.0.1 is out! :)
    It fixes the night-day bug, and some other little things too.

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    With the fix to the day/night thing, this game is back in my focus again; amazing expansion of what was already one of my favorite time killers. Grabbed all the IAP except the craft book because I like finding the recipe to show my appreciation for what a well executed iOS title should be like (yeah, all you devs who can't constrain memory footprints in games 1/10th the complexity of this one so the game is regularly killed by the OS, I'm looking at you).

12. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Any idea when the iPad update will be out?

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The Game Center achievements aren't all registering - one that popped up before this update did but one that I just did (reached the bottom of the world) did not. So something is still awry.

Really liking the new mobs and stuff and trying to figure out how to make a skeleton!

14. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Am I the only one experiencing crashes on the iPad 2? If I break a tree the game instantly closes down. Tried closing/restarting and everything. :(

15. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Try re-installing, perhaps? It works perfectly on my jailbroken iPad 2 that's running iOS 5.0.1.

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I have all three pieces to the big unlimited chest. How do you place them? I tried like I did a statue but none would go out of my inventory.

17. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I think you have to assemble them in the craft grid first, then that's when you get the actual chest.

On another note, does anyone know whether the Christmas Tree statue spawns in worlds made after the holiday version? I know for a surety that the miscellaneous holiday items [like the mini Santa and gingerbread] still spawn, but I'm not certain of the statue. It would be strange if it didn't, since the other holiday items do.

18. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi guys, here is a quick update of the work in progress iPad version, the revised and optimized main menu :)

[​IMG]

19. notese

notese Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I don't mind waiting a bit more for an Ipad 3 (aka new Ipad) optimized version!

20. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Jack loves to play dress up..

[​IMG]

Especially with his best friend Gary the snail :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jack loved carrying animals on his head... today it was the pig's turn

[​IMG]

chilling with a couple of friends :)

[​IMG]