PHP game client

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Coral, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I wasn't completely sure how to title this so here are the details.

I have a browser based PHP game that I think would be great if hundreds of people played it. It is a strategy, empire building game where interactions with other players is key. There are multiple iterations of the game around the net, but none are very poplar, mostly due to obscurity. Anyways, I would love to work with someone on creating a sort of iPhone portal to the game, similar in ways to the Facebook app. The version I work with is still being tweaked and the gameplay is still being perfected but it should be done in the next few months.

I have a copy of the SDK and have been messing around with it, but haven't gotten a hang of Obj-C and Cocoa. All help would be massively appreciated.

I would prefer this be a free app to have maximum users, but server costs would apply. I would not be opposed to ads. I also don't plan on collecting any profits from this venture.

2. ipodtouchuser

ipodtouchuser Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Mudlogger
    Bozeman, Montana
    Odds of someone just writing you this app with no income to them are none to worse. A front end for something like that would take weeks to develop, in a proper manner. I wouldn't be surprised if a contracted dev didn't charge $1000+ for this project.

3. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Perhaps I wasn't clear.
    I have a multiplayer PHP game that is currently in the works. I would be willing to work with someone to create the front end of the app and then take no profits. The game would be distributed by someone else and they could charge what they want.

Alternately if any of the devs here know how to integrate OBJ-C and PHP and advice or help would be appreciated.