Favorite Baseball Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hawks12thman, Apr 20, 2009.

?

What is your favorite baseball game?

1. Baseball Superstars 2009

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. MLB World Series 2009

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

#1 hawks12thman, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    What is your favorite baseball game? The best that would come to my mind are:

Baseball Superstars 2009
    9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009
    MLB World Series 2009

Please explain why you like the game you've chosen too. Any others? If so, please add. Take the poll too please! :)

EDIT: Please also add which of these games you actually own, so one knows how objective/subjective your assessment is.

EDIT: In order to keep the poll and opinions fair, if you own Baseball Superstars 2009, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009, and/or MLB World Series 2009, which one do you prefer?

2. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    BASEBALL SUPERSTARS 2009 BY GAMEVIL WINS BY LANDSLIDE AND DEFAULT, HANDS DOWN, NO MORE DISCUSSION.

End of conversation. Baseball Superstars 2009 wins.

3. bamafan12

bamafan12 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    have u even played mlb world series 2009 yet? it makes superstars seem laughable

4. hawks12thman

Haha, that's who I thought was going to win. I absolutely love Baseball Superstars 2009! However 9 Innings does look pretty good too, might try that one out sometime.

5. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    I love baseball and I really want baseball game on my iphone, but I can't decide which one to get. Baseball Superstars 09 looks like it might be the best, so I might have to get it tonight.

6. hawks12thman

Really? I saw the preview video for MLB World Series, the pitching controls seemed awkward and the 3D graphics looked terrible.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    So I'm confused. Which one do you like better?:p

Attached Files:

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I like 9 innings the best. Loaded with fun features like a homerun derby and unlockable achievements.

9. hawks12thman

I don't know if you know this but Baseball Superstars also has a Homerun Mode (equivalent to Homerun Derby) as well as Mission Mode (similar to unlockable achievements). However, if I recall correctly, I do believe MLB 2009 lacks both of these.

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm still very interested in MLB, but it's tough to actually hear what anyone thinks about it. Almost all of the comments I've seen about the game are made by people who have never played it.

11. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I own Baseball Superstars as well and I like that one too.

12. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Have you played [app]9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009[/app]? The reason I ask is that I'm a huge fan of BS '09, but when I played 9 Innings, I thought it was stellar.

13. hawks12thman

So would that be a vote for Baseball Superstars or 9 Innings?

14. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    9 Innings

15. lexdex

lexdex New Member

Apr 21, 2009
  16. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I own all three of these, bought Baseball Superstars when it first came out, I played it constantly before all the bugs were worked out. It's a very enjoyable cartoonish style game it has many options, upgrades, & you can play a whole season/career as a batter or pitcher in a very short period of time. My second purchase was 9 inings, I really liked this one from the begining very similar in a way to Basesball Superstars were you can play seasons, homerun derby, etc. & like the graphics.
    World Series came out shortly after 9 inings the control set-up on this is the best of the three and I believe offers the most realistic version so far available, it doesn't have all the stadiums or the names of the players, while the names don't necessarily bother me the fact that the players don't really look like the given player does, also there's know homerun derby and not enough stadiums, hopefully this will be addressed in the next update. I enjoy all three. I'd rank them as follows: World Series, 9 inings, Baseball Superstars
    sorry have to cut it short tired of typing on touch

17. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Whoa, I'm buyin' MLB WS '09, if it's that good.

Thanks!

18. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I dunno how reliable most of the answers on this thread are gonna be. The reason I say this is because Baseball Superstars has been out longer and many more people own it whereas 9 innings just came out recently and not everyone owns it. So you're gonna get a lot of people coming in here who don't even own 9 innings but do own BS and they're gonna say BS is better cuz that's the only one they own.

19. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    The thread question should be "if you own both 9 innings and BS which one do you think is better?"

20. hawks12thman

Good idea, I have edited the question.