Minigore Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by playn, Oct 7, 2009.

1. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    This thread is intended to help keep it all organized as it seems impossible to have an idea and let people know about, and build upon it. I hope this thread will work in a constructive way.

Rules
    - Please no off-topic posting. Minigore related only.
    - Only post constructively
    - Please don't spam

-----------------------------------------------------------
    My Idea - Posted a while ago

Minigore is a fun non-serious type of game, so I think the zombie mode should be pure fun. And what’s more fun than something that’s funny?

There would be 3 types of zombies

- Blind zombies
    These guys look the most dumb out of all the three and are the most dumb. They stumble around blindly looking for you but not knowing where you are. Thus adding a new element to the game where you REALLY have to watch where you’re going as they could be stumbling around anywhere

- Dumb zombies
    These zombies move slower than the normal zombies and slightly stumble towards you. Tho they have a tendency to become agitated very easily when in a group of zombies and can sometimes start fights and end up killing another zombie by pushing them over or punching.
    Fights should be a 1 in 4 chance of happening.

- Normal zombies
    These guys are the ones to look out for. They act just like furies except look like zombies

The thriller dance complete with proper thriller music as a victory dance would be a very nice and funny addition to when you lose. Making a fun side to being eaten alive! Or some random zombies could stop chasing you and start dancing lol. But that would be a 1 in every 10 zombies.

So these are my ideas for the zombie mode, I hope you like it! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think? anything you'd change about it? got a better idea.. post it :)

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    maybe they should do and Alive-4-Ever approach, making it possible for you to level up, like something to aim for. also maybe customisation, but i dont know if that would work with coding. btw, playn, nice idea for a zombie mode playn :). maybe theres also a need for a flamethrower in the mix...

3. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I got a great game idea for Minigore.... Release an update!

4. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    i like your idea too, their already going in that sort of direction in terms of weapons. ex: when you pick up a shotgun for the first time it levels up to level1, the second time it will be level2 and etc.

ive also thought of a flamethrower, it be cool but would make fire furrys lol :p

read the rules

5. Sixxes

Sixxes Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    More guns, and when you pick one up, there will be a button to switch back to your pistol, so you can save it for later. Also, a drop weapon button, In case you have a great weapon but a better weapon flys out :)

Oh, and different modes. Ex. Zombie, Flaming (Where any monster you touch slowly sets you on fire for a few seconds...This mode IF theres a health bar and not 2hko's),Giant(where only the huge monsters come out) And so on.

Oh, and character customization...Just make different Heads, Bodys, and Legs and it could happen.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Minigore is supposed to follow a storyline as developer Timo told us, this idea will derail that story line.

7. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    #7 playn, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    Timo and Kimmo and Santa and all of them at Mountain Sheep said their prototyping this idea (zombies, not mine, mines just adding to it as they asked for ideas a while back. even got some artwork screenshots up on their blog) as an extra mode. not everything is going to be story related :)
    [​IMG]

8. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    nice, i never knew that the shotgun will level up. yeah and with the flamethrower, maybe it will only work on ground, so you create a fire trail behind you burning them to death. also, a powerup like a bazooka would be awesome!

9. atlas3686

atlas3686 Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    South Africa
    Ya story needs to be kept intact but playn is right the developers are adding in zombies also having many more buttons for drop and switch etc. will make the game loose its smooth playability, many buttons don't work on the iphone especially in a game like minigore where u have to be on the ball all the time or you die.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I concur!

11. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    I would hope to see some power ups. Pressing clovers or something else to activate a power up. Speed boost would be nice, but I don't want to leave my thumbs from the control sticks. Maybe something with the accelerometer?

12. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
  13. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    yeah it does! it looks like it could have potential

@iMick, yeah i hate having to take my thumbs off the sticks as well, their implementing grenade for double tapping on the red stick so they could add that cost one clover life for a small speedboost could be double tap the blue stick, or maybe keep that one for a different character?

and character customiation, i agree with that! would be nice even if its just default per level. would add that little bit more to the game

14. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Maybe they can make the game pause automatically when both your thumbs leave the stick ala meteor blitz! That is a cure for hand cramps right there :D

15. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    +1 like to see that as well. Would clean up the UI and will let you pauze more quicker :).

16. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    +1 great idea!

17. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Thanks! I also have a wishful thinking that ngmoco is publishing this instead of chillingo coz plus+ will be awesome for minigore.

18. fallqvist

fallqvist Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #19 fallqvist, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    I believe that's never going to happen! haha :D

Oh well, I would like to visit mars and kill some green aliens, in minigore. That would be cool. :p

19. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    I'm not going back to the Minigore thread in a long time. There's just endless arguing for ever about the topic. I sincerely hope that this thread will not become another example of that.

And some new weapons would be cool. :D