Soosiz controls are TIGHT! Developers take note.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SpaceJunk, Oct 16, 2009.

1. SpaceJunk

SpaceJunk Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I think we can all agree that the excellent platformer, Soosiz controls like a dream and accomplishes it with only left/right arrows for movement and one button for jump. Simple and tight, just how I like my platformers.

So hopefully we can expect to see more games adopting this sort of interface for games that only require left and right movement. Developers need to let go of this paradigm that they need a virtual, circular joystick when something simpler would get the job done more effectively.

And for the record, I don't think Castle of Magic controls that bad. Sure there's room for improvement, but i find the game playable.

2. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    Indeed! Sigh (good sigh)...this game is amazing. Simply a masterpiece. At first when I saw this had come out I was like, Soosiz? That's a retarded name. So I didn't get it for a while. But then I saw that people were talking about it like crazy here and that it was amazing. So, I decided to give in and got it and it's just incredible. Controls like a dream, graphics are beautiful, the sound, though repetitive sometimes, fits the game perfectly and it's just a wonderful game all around. There's got to be some way to catapult this game to #1 it absolutely deserves it.

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    IUGO's Spy Bot has similar controls, which I thought also worked very well.

arn

4. p0rtalthinker101

p0rtalthinker101 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Washington State
    While I agree, I do wish the jump button was located a little mire to the left due to by long thumbs.

5. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Over a year ago now :)

[​IMG]