iPhone Droopy Blocks! 1st gameplay Video Puzzle/Action Ex Crystal Dynamics and Naughty Dog

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MBSGames, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 MBSGames, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Please check out the first gameplay video for our new game Droopy Blocks! It is coming to iPad and Kindle Fire in early 2012.

If you love puzzle games but are looking for something new and different, something you have definitely never tried before Droopy Blocks is the game for you.

It is like twister for you fingers and brain! Let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear from you!

[hqyoutube]rN7Gm-sVq4w[/hqyoutube]

What is this “Droopy Blocks”

“Droopy Blocks” is a fresh new take on 2D action/puzzle game designed specifically for tablets. The Droopy Blocks are cute, living blocks of goo that were made in a secret laboratory. They were accidentally melted and now must be put back in their original shapes.

To get the Droopy Block back into its original shape the player uses little creatures called “Suckers” to suck the gelatinous block in different directions. While the Suckers pull the block in the direction the player chooses, the player holds the parts of the block they do not want to move with their fingers. Through this fun, finger-twisting and mind-bending gameplay the player can reshape the “Droopy Block”!

Key Features:

• Innovative dripping and holding puzzle gameplay mechanic
    • 80 puzzles set in 4 diverse stages
    • Puzzle with character! The Droopy Blocks giggle when poked in the mouth or wince when stuck in the eye
    • A high-score, 5 minute, Championship mode that allows players to compete against each globally via Game Center leaderboards
    • Game Center Achievements
    • 4 profile slots so multiple people can play on the same device

The target release is early 2012, January or February

CONTEST!
    Please share the video on your Facebook pages to help spread the word. For every 10 people that share this video, we will give away one of the stuffed Droopy Blocks to a random sharer. Easy to do and a very high chance of winning!

We are not using a publisher, so all the help we can get spreading the word is VERY much appreciated!

LINKS:
    Mechanical Butterfly Studios Website: http://mbsgames.com/index.html
    MBS Games Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MBSGAMES
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MBSGames?feature=mhee

Thanks always!

Casey Holtz
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #2 reec0X, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    casey, shared already on my FB!

3. Thanks for sharing the video on your Facebook page! You rock:)

We need a few more shares to kick off the next stuffed Droopy contest.

4. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Alright! cool...wish I get one of your cool droopys...or I will get it all...haha!...waiting.

5. Droopy Blocks Contest

If you get your friends to share the video from our Facebook page it will help get the contest going so you can maybe win one of the Droopys.

Thanks again for the support! :)

6. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    right on!...

7. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Oh my god I wasn't especting something this epic!

I adore the artwork omg

8. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Then kindly participate by share MBS video trailer on your facebook!:)

9. #9 MBSGames, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words on the art Tannorexic! We should have some ore fun stuff to show soon. Thanks for the support too reeOX, always appreciated.

Any sort of Beta testing will most likely have to happen the first week of January. We will post here if we do a Beta test. Thanks again!

10. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I can't wait for this to come out, it looks great.

11. Thanks fluffernutter! We are working hard to finishing it up. We should have some more stuff to show after the Holidays :)

12. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Worth to wait...anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS to you guys....enjoy your holiday!:)

13. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    How much longer now?

14. #14 MBSGames, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    Release time frame and cost update

Hey Tannorexic! We are working hard to finish up the game. If all goes well the ipad version will be out around the end of the month. :)

Thanks for sticking with us! We can't wait to get this game out to you guys.

We are thinking the first 10 levels will be free and then you can buy all of the rest of the game with a $1.99 in-app purchase. How does that sound to you guys?

15. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #15 reec0X, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    "the first 10 levels will be free"...you mean that the game will come up with free app? and to unlock it we should buy in app purchase for $1.99? can it be restored back the purchase in case of formatting the device?

$1.99 - flexible offer, consider as a donation though the game is hard to make it!

16. I think, according to what I have read on Apple's site s your purchase should be protected if you need to format your device. Has anyone had experience with that? I only seems fair that you do not lose your in-app purchases.

We might support iCloud which might address your concerns too. What do you guys think of iCloud?

17. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    iCloud is a good alternative path if you enable it on your game...quick sync over the air!

18. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I've never lost an IAP before so it sounds great to me!
    If anything, IAP are better because you can download them onto as many of your devices as youd like where as proper purchases have a limit to how many devices you can download it onto, which I'd unfair cause imagine how many apple products will come out in the future!
    Long as there is a "restore purchases" button..

I've got "7 little words" on every apple device I own with every level pack (from restoring IAP obviously) so all is great in that area.

As for price 1.99$ is a bargain! Will iPhone version be the same? Or is no iPhone version scheduled (just out of curiosity .. I will probably only want it on the big screen due to the nature of the game)

Looks really awesome and unique.

Try before you buy is a good structure so lots of people who had no intentions of buying it will be tempted to after seeings it's awesomeness
    It's crazy how many lite shoppers theyre is in the AppStore who just get lutes and never full games! That'd drive me insaNe if it's a good game I need it immediately! It's like ermm D___ teasing for phones! Gamual frustration.

19. Hey Tannorexic!

Thanks for the post. We added a restore button the other day. I am glad to hear it is a feature you guys like and want. A lot of polish has been going into the game and we are really close to submitting it to Apple for review. I will be posting some new videos and screens ASAP.

We will try to shoot for a release this month, most likely Thursday January 26th. We need to send out preview builds to sites etc... and build up a bit more awareness for the game.

Thanks again!

20. Help us choose our app icon

[​IMG]

We would love the Touch Arcade community input on our icon for Droopy Blocks. If you do not like any of them, that is fine too! Any feedback is helpful.

You can also let us know what you think on our Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/MBSGAMES

Thanks again!

Casey