Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    5th mystery box today, 5th time getting $500

I want to punch Mr.Burns in the face

2. timoke6

timoke6 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    in my springfield, homers hammock has dissapeard allong with lisa. and the people cant do jobs because i have to build the simpsons house first, but i'm level 11 and alreadfy built it...

btw first post, and sorry for my poor english...

3. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Really boring ;/ I made it to the 8lvl and then almost fall asleep. Nothing special. I'm waiting for this kind of game but with something unique.

4. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Anyone found a fix for not getting paid for quests?

Just happened and its driving me nuts

5. Gerbs

Gerbs Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Does this game kill anyone else's iPhone battery? Woke up and played for 4 minutes, battery life drops to 95%. Typically get home from work @ around 30% battery life, before this game I would still be around 60%.

6. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Guys, is there more information about the 'no income' bug and what causes it? - It's happened to me again, to a different game and I'm on level 15... the previous time it happened, was fixed the next day, then I was just never able to login again - I'm petrified that it might happen again :-(

7. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I relly hope someone figures this out because its been two days for me now and I've put too much time into this game to have it glitch out on me now

I don't even have enough money to buy the next building while I'm wasting time waiting for it to fix itself

8. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Try this and let us know if it works.

https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-faq

-When I tap the dollar signs or "thumbs up" when jobs are complete, I can't collect tax. Also my Conform-O-Meter is incorrect. Why?

This is an issue involving town ratings. We are currently working on a fix - but for now, the following steps might help resolve the issue for you:
    Visit a friend's town that contains a mop bucket on top of Springfield Elementary.

Collect this mop bucket. No rewards will appear. Do not perform any other friend's actions in this Springfield and return to the Friends' Map screen.
    Select another friend's town, this time with a graffiti can above Springfield Elementary. Select the graffiti can and your rewards should start appearing again.

NOTE: These steps might need to be repeated. Also, after performing these steps, DO NOT try to capture Sideshow Bob or clean up graffiti because these actions might cause the issue to recur. However, if you do either by accident, repeating the steps above should fix the problem.

9. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Yep that worked, until I went back to my town and all my hard work is lost

Dropped from lvl 14 to lvl 11 with no money and all my buildings are outside of my land boundries. Awesome job EA. glad I put all this time into this ****ing game

So short answer is, yes it worked, but its not worth it

10. tofubean

tofubean Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    All mystery boxes i'd opened are 10 donuts.

11. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Some of us too. But don't jinx it. :p

12. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    And all mine are 500bux. The last 6 Buddhas have been the Tree Swing thingies. Seriously bugged.

13. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks. It did work, for about 5 minutes, then it happened again. Now I need to wait a few hours so I can start visiting my friends again and look for the mop. By the way, when they say mop bucket, they mean just 'mop', right? - I have never seen a mop 'bucket'

14. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    I can't find there article if there was one for it on the home page, but was Tapped Out removed from the app store? If so, anyone know why?

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Uh, you haven't noticed the pages and pages of people reporting problems of all manner?

They pulled it to avoid adding even more disgruntled downloaders to the pile considering the number of major bugs affecting some and connection issues affecting nearly everyone.

16. levyelad

levyelad New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    On level 15 and still no Bart

Is this a bug or do you get Bart later on? I have tasks that should happen on level 11-14 but I just don't get them yet. same about the cooling towers quest.

Help?

17. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Earth
    You need enough money saved up to build the building first. Otherwise, the task won't appear.

18. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Yep- mop. I was searching for a mop BUCKET too.

EA.... :rolleyes:

19. levyelad

levyelad New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. hot much money should I have? I have 45K.

20. levyelad

levyelad New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    #200 levyelad, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012