FINAL FANTASY® DIMENSIONS By Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 30, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Drawing upon the roots of the series with such features as beautiful 2D pixel art, job-driven character growth, additional scenarios in which to inherit the jobs of your adventuring companions, and a classic story of light, darkness, and crystals, FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS delivers the best of FINAL FANTASY, retro and fresh alike, directly to your smartphone. Available this summer.
    http://i.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/ios-and-android-enter-final-fantasy-dimensions-this-summer/

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    And...It's probably not going to be universal as usual.

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I've just seen in TA that SE will bring this title to E3 so I'm looking for more information during the event. I am a major fan of SE since FF7 so far, this should be awesome!

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Drawing upon the roots of the series with such features as beautiful 2D pixel art, job-driven character growth, additional scenarios in which to inherit the jobs of your adventuring companions, and a classic story of light, darkness, and crystals, FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS delivers the best of FINAL FANTASY, retro and fresh alike, directly to your smartphone.

Prologue:

In an age long past, the world was suffocating under the crushing grip of war. Only the efforts of the idealistic Avalonian Empire were enough to bring the warm embrace of peace to the land and lead it toward a new age of prosperity.

Fate itself brought together those whose lives were filled with hope and those whose duty sent them from the harsh north. As they locked eyes, the Crystal shed forth an immense light that filled the land, drowning everything in silence.

And then, the world was sundered into light and darkness.

Platform: Android™, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch
    Genre: Mobile, RPG
    Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
    Release Date: July (iOS), TBD (Android)

5. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    I can't wait!!!!!

6. HungryTeddy

HungryTeddy New Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Yeah, I love FF games. :p

7. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks awful? The SE looked like they used RPG maker for this one!

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Haha I was thinking the same thing! This looks wank

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I think Square-Enix is a crap AppStore developer, outside of Chaos Rings. It's like they aren't really trying. They can't possibly be taking development on this platform seriously.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah, 3 Chaos Rings, enhanced FFT, FF3, Lara Croft, a new game from the CR team. All crap :rolleyes:.

11. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    I'm going to hold off judging how it looks until I see screenshots from the actual game. Sure, the images from Final Fantasy Legends, their cell phone game that it is likely a port of, look low-res and 20 years old. But it's possible that they're updating the graphics for iOS, which could be why they're not showing any images of it yet.

12. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    SE now just reek of Sega, that stench of desperation as they try to reassure their fan base that they're still making the same great games they made years ago...but aren't actually.

13. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Anyone know of if this game will be coming out this month like it was assumed/projected to? I don't see it popping up in NZ.

14. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Isn't seeming likely, Rusothil.
    There's the possibility that it's in app review right now, submitted in the deadline but likely won't release in time. :(
    Shame, I was really looking forward to a new RPG to play today.

...of course I still have to finish Alphadia, Adventure Bar Story, FF2, FFT, Spectral Souls, Cthulhu Saves the World, Dragon Fantasy, and Fantasy Chronicles...

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #16 violentv, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Square Enix hasn't developed any original games for ios...they have stuck to publishing ios games(chaos rings etc) to rake in profits with minimal efforts. Everyone seems to be happily lapping up their ports of their old titles though (myself included). >.> this is another port of a title that was developed for Japanese mobile phones 2 years ago.

16. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    I honestly don't mind the porting at all, I'd love to see FF4 and FF4:TAY hit the appstore.

17. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Has anyone here played the Final Fantasy Tactics port? Is it good? ...Thw port, i mean. I know the game itself is good, I loved the original on PS. I'm just wondering whether the iOS version plays well and is easy and fun to use.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    After their last big update I LOVE IT. It'd totally recommend it over any other version out there. PS is just older and doesn't have the updates made to it in the PSP version. The PSP version has slow downs and some other bugs. And finally the ios version is near perfect. They fixed the bad sprites/graphics that were on the release version so it looks sharp. The only thing you'll have to get used to is the controls. If you can get over it, it'll be fun.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If there's any SE game that needs an iOS remake, or even a 3rd Gen console one, it should be Vagrant Story.