[Beta testers wanted] Furdemption

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#1 RareSloth, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Furdemption has been released! Go here with any further questions, update requests, etc: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=264951

[​IMG]

Hi Friends on TouchArcade!

Furdemption is an adventure puzzle where you play as a royal rabbit trapped in hell. Your wings have been destroyed and you must find enough feathers to rebuild them. Dodge and kill grim reapers. Manipulate and avoid traps. Use your wits to fly away from this wretched place. We hope you will enjoy this premium app being released at the end of June. We quit our jobs and have been pouring our hearts and minds into this.

Stay slothy,

Brian
    co-founder of RareSloth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#2 RareSloth, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    edit: (removed old animation)

3. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I send you a pm your game looks fun cant wai to try it out

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Sent you a PM! You're in!

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Just saw you're the maker of Yukon Warrior, a pretty decent time waster that was for me. And what i see here seems very intriguing. Don't want to test, but i'm looking forward to hit the buy button, if there will be one. Take your time.

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks Qwertz555! Glad you liked Yukon Warrior. I think this game will blow it out of the water, but they both have their value.

Cheers,
    Brian

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#7 RareSloth, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    here's a couple more character skin concepts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    This game is legit i vouch!! 100+ cookies from me

9. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    #9 Spock4Pres, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    I'll give it a try. PM me and I'll try to give it a more in depth review.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What ghosty said Is valid

11. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    #11 Spock4Pres, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    I've been playing for about 10 minutes, and I've got to say that this is pretty awesome. The sliding controls are some of the best and most responsive of any iPhone game I've played to date, and that's saying a lot because normally I hate sliding games. The puzzle aspect is nice, but I really like how there's not one way to solve a level. If you want to plan out a strategy and block all the saws, go ahead. If you want to just time your movements to make it past, have at it. One of my favorite parts is the lack of tutorial. The only instructions you're given are slide to move. You have to figure out the rest yourself. Super intuitive. Also, I sometimes intentionally murder my bunny avatar with saws or lava to take out my frustration, so there's that. The only thing o really see is maybe adding the ability to play past levels, but then again, not being able to go back gives the game a sort of Golfinity feel that I like. All in all, great game. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Just finished. Other than adding a few levels (which I'm sure you're going to), my only other suggestions might be adding in some sort of hidden objective in each level. Once again, however, this is just my subjective opinion, and I think this might move the game in a different direction than what you intend for it.

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#12 RareSloth, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Wow thanks for the feedback! We will definitely be adding more levels and content and we can't wait to release more.

Cleaning up the code, level editor, and some of the visuals a little bit this week. Been working on the perspective a little bit for the rabbit, let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Brian

[​IMG]

13. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I absolutely agree. This is an excellent and polished puzzle game that I will certainly get at release. One suggestion though: a level creator. I feel like this gameplay could make up for some unforgettable player-made experiences. :)

14. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Well its a good thing we have this in development - this is what we've been using to build the levels... You'll be using something much prettier.

Can't wait to see what you build! We'll probably only share it with people on our beta list at first.

[​IMG]

15. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    #15 melvin2898, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Hey there! This is a really nice game you have here. I like the graphics and it really does get harder later on! It reminds me of classic computer games! I feel like in the future, you'll have to be really fast in your thinking while playing! The game starts over immediately if you lose. I like that! You also included a lot of levels! I can imagine people posting tutorials on how to beat the game due to it getting harder and harder. I'll continue to play. Best of luck to you!
    Edit: Beat the beta. It was awesome!

16. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you!

Glad you liked it and can't wait to give you more to play.

cheers,
    Brian

17. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    When can we expect a second beta update? Im excited for more

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hi Ghosty,

We had to clean up a lot of stuff this week but you can expect the next update in 2 weeks. We'll be sending out an e-mail today with more details.

Cheers!
    Brian

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Will be updating the beta build in one week with the following:

† Better perspective
    † Level selection screen
    † New item - Holy Water
    † First Powerup! Rage.
    † More levels. Duh.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

holy water item in action. When you step on lava while having holy water equipped new ground is conjured under you.

[​IMG]

New death walk animation

[​IMG]