Idea: New Strategy Section for Games

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by The Lab, Dec 16, 2008.

1. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I know we have the board for iPhone and iPod Touch Games but it tends to get cluttered with reviews, questions, and release dates.

It would be nice to have a section where we just talk about how to play games, strategy to beat the game, secrets within games, and things just involving the game play.

It would be easy to moderate since anything other than game strategy would be noticeable and would also be very helpful in sharing tips & tricks as well as help in reading spoilers to games that are sometimes shared in the Games Section.

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I think it would be a good idea, some threads (the Orions and Chronicles of Inotia come to mind) become cluttered with strategy, that makes it hard to find information about the actual gameplay and such.

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Just to play devil's advocate (sorry) I think it's pretty nice just having one screen of random things, that way i can see what's in discussion or what's popular at the same time whereas if people had to decide where to post stuff etc would make it less commingled.. I don't know if things are that out of hand yet where we have to sort everything by topic..

HOWEVER

I do see the merit in having secrets/walkthroughs/review in a separate area.. maybe one for New Releases or Rumors etc.. a readjustment might be good because of the new 'management changes' :D

4. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    Arn
    I really feel there is a need for this section. As games get more complex or more in-depth. Especially with the array of Tower Defense games, RPGs, FPS, and platform games people are now discussing strategy. Some people post a few strategy threads but the majority of the strategy, hints, tips and so on are found mixed in with reviews on older threads.

Having a specific section would allow people who own the game to discuss it and not have to go through comments of reviews. These discussion can be helpful for those who have purchased the game, enjoy playing it, and want to progress in it.

What are some objections to not having this kind of section?

5. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed, I kinda like the one crowded screen :p

6. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I agree this would be an excellent idea. People looking for a review of the game and people who own the game and wish to discuss it in detail are two very different people looking for different information. Separating the forums to "reviews and discussion" and "Game strategy and information" would make it much easier for people to find the information they are looking for.

This will become (and has been becoming) more of a necessity as more RPGs and strategy games come out. Currently Orions and Inotia have becomes very long and cluttered and it's hard for people to keep track of even their own conversations. If more games like these are released, the forum might get full of threads that are 10-15 pages long making them very intimidating for a browser to even look at.

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I totally agree. This would be one of my favorite forums if Arn decides to add this section.

That's exactly why I want it :D

This is a great idea and I hope Arn considers this. :)