$5 Off $25 iTunes Gift Cards at Gamestop (B&M Only!)(5/30-6/19)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by CzarCastic, Jun 2, 2011.

1. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I know that this isn't necessarily a game, but I figured this thread probably belonged in the deals sub-forum.

The title pretty much says it all! Gamestop currently has signage in-store near the gift card center. $5 off $25 iTunes and AppStore gift cards, in-store only. The deal is good from 5/30-6/19. They have not done any outside advertising for this deal, as far as I know.

I just got home from my local store where I picked up 4 cards, so I can confirm that the deal is valid. I'll probably go back and get a couple more cards before the deal expires. Time to stock up! :D

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #2 pluto6, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    Whoa - 20% off... It is time to stock up... The only problem with getting a bunch, is that I won't discriminate on what apps to buy... :p

Just called a couple stores here locally, and they say - no sale on the cards so it could be just at certain locations.

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Sweet and your in michigan too :) What part? I'm on the east side.

4. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Ann Arbor. Go Blue!

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice I'll have to check stores by me I'm in the clarkston area :)

Also +1 Go Blue All the way :)

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I received an email earlier about this and it should apply to all stores. I am sure there is an employee or two that are unaware of the sale but I am sure it will scan the right price.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks. I'll stop in and have them check it.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

If you need the ad just let me know and I can email it to you. The ad is printable (you don't need the ad for the sale). The ad states 6-1 through 6-7.

9. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    Nice, will grab a few also.

Michigan here also, Royal Oak area. GO BLUE

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. Time to stock up on a couple gift cards.

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    #12 triggywiggy, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    We have these sales weekly in Australia.

We have sales like

-2 $20 Gift cards for $30
    -1 $50 Gift card for $40
    -2 $30 Gift cards for $50

and last year we had a $20 gifts cards for $10

Last month i managed to get 2 $20 cards for $30 which was awesome. The good thing was that this offer was on at 4 Shops. Big W, Kmart, Woolworths and JBHIFI.

At this time we have offers going on at stores that seem to be there every month. They have like 1 week of without any offers then all of a sudden they have a new offer. Like last year Woolworths did a thing were if you bought $50 worth of shopping you got a FREE $20 gift card which was AWESOME!.

So yeh if you want cards on special come and live in Australia where cards are ALWAYS! on SALE!

The Awesome thing is that there is a website that tells us of these sales. For people in Aus its Giftcardsonsale.com.au, No i do not run or have a part in this website just sharing it for those aussies that want to save. But looking on the site seems like we have a special going on at a few shops.
    We have Myer doing a 2x $20 for $30 and Woolworths/Itunes/Hoyts/AMF Bowling and Dusk doing a 2x $30 for $50.

13. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Why do I not know about this!?!? I feel so left out!!! Thx triggy!!!
    Are these sales nation wide or limited to states?

14. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Nation Wide as far as i know. Im in Perth and they are happening here. The site is Australian so i would say Nation Wide.

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yay! According to the site (and my own calculations) the Myer 2x$20 for $30 deal is the best value :D.
    Gonna buy 'em in batches and stock them for later use!

Oh and thx a bunch triggy! You saved me $20 after I buy 2x2x$20 itune cards at Myer over the incoming 2 days :D

16. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I could do with that $20 :p

17. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    FWIW, I called ahead to my local Gamestop (VA) to see if they were participating in the iTunes GC promotion and they said - yes, all Gamestops are.

18. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I would not believe all employs at these kind of places. It is not confirmed unless it "Is Confirmed"

19. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I agree, hence the "For What It's Worth" introduction of the comment. ;)

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    GameStop (the national corp) is sending e-mails to their subscribing customers, so it is confirmed. I went into the store where I had called the other day, and the employee said - No, they are not on sale - and took the cards up, and they rang up, and the employee working said - Did you know that these are ringing up $5 off? I said - yeah, it is a national thing... he did not know about it...

So, its confirmed from the corporate e-mail level - the individual store employees may not be aware of the sale - but anyone in the US should feel confident to go to a local GameStop and be able to get the cards at discount.