Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Public Service Announcement

If you have Amazon Prime, you can pre order Switch games at 20% off. In the US at least. Not sure about other countries.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I wish this was true for preordering digital download codes. :(

3. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    What kind of micro sdxc card are you getting? The prices range from $40 to $200 for a 256GB card. I want one that's going to work but I can't pay $200 either.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Have they said what the fastest type it can use is? I know, for instance, on the 3DS the system could only access the micro SD card so quickly so you could actually save quite a bit of cash by buying an "older" micro SD card instead of the new turbo speed class 10 or whatever they're called.

5. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I haven't found any info on it yet. Nintendo seems to like drip feeding information to us.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Hopefully all these questions are answered before launch!

7. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    So who else is purchasing the NINTENDO SWITCH! And what games would you like to see!?

Pretty much what it says in the title, im so hyped for this and have wanted to play full aaa gaming experiences that don't differ from their console counterparts. For that reason im counting the days till i purchase lol
    But what games would you like to see? As you probably know there are 80 games in development right now. Personally would love to see some games from the pas on the online store mainly from wii u and game cube.
    Fatal frame games and ninja gaiden are 2 that i would love to play on the switch...

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Being a big soccer fan, I'll be interested in seeing what differences there are between the full FIFA 17 game on PS4 and what EA will offer on the Switch. I really hope they don't water the FIFA experience down like the mobile version. I'll just be interested what they do to fit it on the Switch. Or if they'll expect everyone to download it to a card if bought digitally.

9. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    I think it's very important for Nintendo to have a proper football game on Switch: FIFA could be the real deal if EA plays their cards right. Peter Moore said they're building a custom FIFA from scratch for Switch. Sounds cool, but hopefully it's not based on the 360/PS3 version. This would be Wii U FIFA 13 (based off of FIFA 12 for PS3) all over again.

For more casual gamers like my brother FIFA is very important and will influence their purchase decisions. He loves Zelda, but he also needs his football fix every now and then. If EA screws it up once again, it could be a chance for Konami and a proper PES or maybe a whole new football franchise in the gaming world. FIFA's de-facto monopoly isn't helping at all.

10. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Why has the thread i started been hijacked? Lmao

11. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Thats a great point, i think this will be the only way the switch could be a bit of a downer, is if they did start diluting the games. So far what everyone has said is that its a full console experience that you can take on the go, so im not too concerned.
    But it would defo be upsetting to think some games have to be dumbed down?

12. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    I have pre-ordered the grey Nintendo Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild Limited Edition (the one with the master sword) and a Pro Controller, which looks quite comfortable. I'll also get Super Bomberman R on launch day, but there's no pre-order option in Germany yet.

Great to hear the system has a premium 'look and feel' unlike the cheap plastic Wii U GamePad and the screen seems to be nice as well. My first reaction to the 300 $ / 330 € price tag? WTF, Nintendo wants to fail again. The value proposition is a hard sell compared to a 250 € PS4 Slim or Xbox One S (sometimes even bundled with a game).

The Switch is a premium mobile gaming device (hopefully without IAP or timers) Nintendo custom built for members of the TouchArcade forums. My only concern: There are not a lot of gamers like us out there. ;)

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I started the thread a while ago, but maybe you also started a Switch thread and the mods combined them?

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    FYI, Super Bomberman R is listed as $59.99 at retailers, but the dev says the actual MSRP is not yet determined. I sure hope it's not going to be a $60 game. Probably not.

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Ok thanks i dont know why my topic was different?! But i guess they wanted everything do with the switch under 1 thread?

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It looks like you responded to this one and didn't create a new thread?

17. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    The pre-orders for Super Bomberman R are live on amazon.de: 49,99 € -- that's a hefty price tag. Being an old-school NES/Super NES gamer -- I bit the bullet.

Hopefully, it's a meaty game with a decent single-player 'story mode' as well. The videos remind me a bit of the GameCube version.

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The MSRP hasn't been set yet, as I noted above. So the price may drop before release.

19. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany

I hope it's more in the 30 € range, but I doubt it: Publishers like to milk us early adopters. I couldn't find pre-order discounts for Switch games in Europe, except the usual 2 € rebate for Amazon Prime customers (at least for Zelda). Let's wait and see.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

20. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Er no....i defo created new thread, as i clicked new thread, titled it then put my post in. I also did it as i could not see anyone else asking about what others wanted to see in potential switch games..its a mystery? Lol
    No harm done