O.A.T.S. Question

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by ibelongintheforums, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    #1 ibelongintheforums, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I don't understand. I googled and got nothing but oats. Lol.

3. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Can't link it but slidetoplay and the appera and more sites are appart of a oath to have honest reviews and ect.

4. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Here it is.
    http://www.gotoats.org

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    why isn't trioco on it?

Bottom line: We think TouchArcade.com has more credibility than an otherwise unknown organization which (imo) feels more like a cross-marketing ploy than something that fulfills a legitimate need. (Similar to early "top 100 of the web awards" that were handed out like candy in the early days of the web.) Now, I don't doubt the honest intentions of the sites involved, but we've worked hard to build up our reputation and don't believe joining an otherwise unknown organization would actually add to that reputation or credibility for our readers.

Edit: and I'm not disparaging any of the sites that joined. It may be a good marketing decision depending on your situation.

arn

6. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Touché.
    Without any obvious self-promotion, TA is bigger. Plus trioco has no advertisirs so our reviews can't really be swayed.

7. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Thanks arn. Next time I'll just PM.

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    first of all i want to say that i love toucharcade and think this is by far the best website about iphone gaming.

but arn don't say OATS is only marketing (i don't think stp need any more advertising). in fact, maybe slidetoplay or appera are smaller sites then ta - but still very important ones.

and i believe OATS is a very good thing that happened for us, iphone gamers.

9. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    O.A.T.S is a voluntary based group where the reviewing sites need to nominate themselves to join. I'm sure if OATS went out to the community to find sites then no doubt TA would have been asked but it is ultimately the sites choice to join or not