[BETA] Hyper Breaker Turbo, from the devs of Push Panic!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VTX, Mar 18, 2013.

1. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We're very proud to announce the beta of our new game!

It is called Hyper Breaker Turbo, a new breaker game on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch but that’s putting aside the boundaries normal breaker games have.

You can now signup for the Hyper Breaker Turbo beta! If you're interested and want to help us release the game as bug free as possible, please signup using this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uPYMVhkWLaFvATXf81IJVtZ3qUYTKBaiKtvSW2VkBlg/viewform

THREE THEMES, 75 AMAZING LEVELS

Besides the classic theme that’s filled with 25 action & arcade packed puzzle levels you also get another 25 levels with a special neon world theme and 25 levels with a scribbly doodle theme! That’s 75 levels in total! Try to get the best score globally and also join the world in getting some global achievements, since Hyper Breaker Turbo also has a Worldwide Blocks Broken counter that will live update with every block that gets broken globally!

NOT SOME ORDINARY BREAKOUT GAME

Hyper Breaker Turbo is not just some ordinary breaker game based on a well known classic from the old days, but it’s actually a completely new action puzzle game like you’ve never seen before. Imagine a breaker game with actual multiple screen level design, ‘free’ paddle control which gives very precise control over the ball, realistic physics and more!

HYPER BREAKER TURBO FEATURES

• A breaker game you’ve never seen before!
    • Three completely different themes, with 25 levels each, that’s 75 levels in total! Andmore themes will arrive in the near future!
    • Easy, intuitive gameplay which contains physics and very precise controls.
    • Full iPhone 5, iPad Retina support!
    • Running on 60 FPS. Smooth gameplay on every device you own!
    • Stunning, colorful graphics. Expect completely different look ‘n feel in all three themes.
    • Packed with leaderboard rankings, achievements & global achievements.
    • Join the world in getting those rare achievements which can only be attained in breakingall blocks in each level.
    • Music and SFX composed bij Martijn Vaassen. Has an ‘oldskool’ feeling to it whichbrings back those retro feelings you had while playing old breaker games.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Says it is no longer accepting responses. Am I too late?

3. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

No, let me check!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Same here...

5. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Should work now, please try again :)

Sorry, first time google docs user here hehehe :)

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I applied. Thank you in advance for any consideration.

7. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #7 TRB4, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    I applied as well. Just to let you know, after you submit the survey you get this text "Uw reactie is opgeslagen." I had to use a translator in order to make sure that my survey was submitted. In case anyone else was wondering, it means "Your comment has been saved." apparently it is Dutch.

Also, after watching the trailer I already like several things that I see. I love that the paddle is curved, this should really help aiming as you won't have to "slice" the ball to change the angle. I also love that the blocks are all different shapes and not stuck to a grid. The third thing that I love is that the paddle can move freely both horizontally AND vertically! The different art styles used (Neon, Doodle, etc.) are also very cool. This game looks like it will be a lot of fun to test.

8. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing out the dutch part in the form, I just edited it :)

Glad you liked the video. The paddle is curved because there are no 'fake' physics in there. You can steer the ball very precise especially after some practice. The 'free' movement also helps there, you can really push the ball into the direction you like. The ball reacts very realistic to the paddle, you can speed up the ball by hitting it harder.

Im looking forward to the feedback on the beta, we've worked almost two year on it now (first pre pre pre pre alpha (lol) build is from may 2011) and we think it really plays very very nicely now. Hope you'll like it! :)

9. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #9 Indiania, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    I just submitted my application. Thanks for the chance to help beta test- hope I get in! :)

10. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks so far for signing up. I really also need a tester with an iPhone 3GS. If you have one, or know someone with a 3GS, please ask him/her to sign up :)

11. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for all the signups everyone! The beta will start REAL soon!

12. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

And the beta has started :) Actually a new beta release will hopefully be ready this weekend. We can accept some more entries, so if you're interested please check this first post of this threat for more info on how to join the beta :)

13. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    We are actually polishing/finishing up the latest details of the game. We can't wait to show you guys the final game! Curious? We still have some room more for beta testers. Sign up through the first post sign-up link!

Thanks in advance!

14. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I signed up. Hope I'm not to late. :)

15. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

You're not too late, check your email :)