Feature proposals for Libra Balance

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Carlos, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    Hi Guys,

I'm collecting some ideas in order to further improve our game Libra Balance.
    What would you like to get in the next update?

My current plans are:
    - adjustable accelerometer sensitivity
    - NPC's as new game elements
    - new game modes (e.g. time race)

Any suggestions are welcome. The best ones will get promo codes for our upcoming game.

P.s.
    If you don't own the game already, there is a lite version (check my signature).

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

The 3 things you mentioned would be great, and obviously new levels are always welcomed. A level editor would be really cool (especially if it was online, like iBlast Moki) but that would take quite a bit if effort, so just something to think about. Direct level challenges w/ push notifications would be cool as well. I am most interested in the new game modes though

3. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I like the ideas, especially a timed mode (optional).

Another idea for a new mode would be to number the balls and you have to sink them in order... Would probably be a hard mode, but fun and challenging.

More levels, too, please...

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    #4 Carlos, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Will090, secondtime: Thanks for the ideas!

The level editor would be hard to implement, as currently we use static, prebuilt meshes. (For now I would skip the idea of developing an online 3D mesh and texture editor :D).
    The other suggestions are really great, and I'm considering them for the next major release.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    hmmm, what about a game where you need to destroy/kill certain elements on the platter before you can drop down through the hole...so you would get a penalty for not getting all the items and a bonus for doing it more quickly

...like what if you had to run over zombies, aliens, or monsters of some sort with a sphere and could run over powerups that would maybe cause an explosion, make the ball spikey and do extra damage, or cause the enemies to freeze in place for short while or something...

6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    This sounds very good - great for Libra Balance 2.0! ;)

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    The update is available. There are quite a few changes, but mainly the physics have been further refined.

Could you please check it out? Your feedback would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!