Super Bounce Back - by Jared Bailey

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nocanwin, Sep 7, 2015.

1. nocanwin

nocanwin Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    #1 nocanwin, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    I'll put some promo codes here in case anyone wants to check out the game. I'd love to hear your feedback.

New codes
    WF9EHXJL4TMR

If these get used up just let me know, I've got more. ;)

Universal
    Free w/ Ads
    Releases 9/17

Hi All! I wanted to show my latest game, Super Bounce Back. It's a one touch, randomly generated, skill based, auto-bouncing, puzzle platformer, high score chaser where how you bounce determines how difficult it is to get back to the finish and how many points you can earn. If you tap to stomp there will be spikes and a small star waiting for you. If use some skill and bounce without tapping there will be a large star and no spikes waiting for you.

Each time you pass a level you get an increase in skill and a longer level. The longer level means more opportunities for points. If one level is just too hard then you can skip it, but you'll decrease one skill level. The reason I call it a puzzle platformer is just because you complete a level doesn't mean you'll get a high score. You have to bounce/not bounce strategically to extract the most points out of any given level.

There are a couple of different types of blocks. Grass block groups will produce stars and spikes. Blue blocks crumble. Yellow blocks speed things up. Purple blocks let you glide temporarily.

The mechanic is a little hard to describe but it should make sense when you see it in action. I think it's fairly unique/interesting and I hope you do to!

Mini Trailer

Skill Level 15

You play as a ninja and every couple of plays the level will change seasons. If the game does well I'd like to add some non-ninja characters.

2. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    #2 nocanwin, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    SBB has been approved and will be out next week, 9/17.

3. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    Hi, I grabbed NRKTPRP7A4LY. There's a very solid mechanic at the heart of the game that flips the usual flappy one on its head. I also see the puzzle aspect of the game, which I find interesting, given the procedurally generated levels. I played to skill level 8 without facing an impossible level; clearly there's logic to prevent such an occurrence, but it would seems like one might be possible.

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Took ALTHFK779KEY, the other one was already redeemed.

Thank you!

5. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    #5 nocanwin, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it! The whole time in development I've only come across one level that was impossible. The skip button should take care of the player getting stuck on an impossible level, although they will get unfairly knocked back a skill level.

Oh, added 3 new promo codes.

6. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    ⊂_ヽ
      \\ Λ_Λ
       \( 'ㅅ' ) Instabuy!!! (or I guess that would be Instadownload!)
        > ⌒ヽ
       /   へ\
       /  / \\
       レ ノ   ヽ_つ
      / /
      / /|
     ( (ヽ
     | |、\
     | 丿 \ ⌒)
     | |  ) /
    ノ )  Lノ
    (_/

7. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Thanks Simon!

8. iamcartez

iamcartez Well-Known Member

Well that 2nd video makes this game looks challenging... will definitely pick this one up.

9. MassiveIndie

MassiveIndie Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Indie Developer and Publisher
    Arizona, United States
    Really awesome game! Looks extremely challenging.

10. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Feel free to grab a code. Let me know if they're used up and I'll post some more or DM me and I'll get you one!

11. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Took KRWTP97RR4XW

Thanks heaps.
    Enjoyed most of your other games, can't wait till you bring out Cubed Rally Racer 2.

12. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Took 6MN4A3PN63NP

Thanks.

13. jordantheonlyone

jordantheonlyone Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Looks like a cool little challenging game, i only suggest you to work little bit on the graphics for better appealing look

14. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    haha, thanks for the feedback, but this is my version of appealing! :D

Here's a completely different art style I was considering. More Badlands/Limbo silhouette style. I really like it, but it was messing up the gameplay. Things scrolled by way too fast for it to be playable. I still might use this art in a different game.

Attached Files: