iPad Army of Darkness Defense - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 11, 2011.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its graphically appealling, and the play is 100% standard for this type of game (both good an bad). However, there is little or no rock/paper/scissors to the units and power leveling one unit at the expense of variety is the quickest way to win. So, to me, it was inferior to more balanced titles even if it looked prettier. Still, I enjoyed blazing through a play through.

2. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    I just finished the game (had to restart once at wave 45 due to bad money management/skill build) and I would like to see a few things changed.

1) let us replay waves so that grinding is less luck-based. In other words playing a wave over and over is the only way to grind, and sometimes you accidently beat the last guy so it jumps you forward to the next wave which defeats the purpose of grinding.
    I was grinding fine on my first game while upgrading everything equally, but on wave 45 the game suddenly throws a boss at you and it's difficult to get over 1k gold or so before the boss with the 10 billion hp 3-shots everything! My upgrades were about 8k-10k each so it would take an uneccesary amount of time at that point so I started over.

2) I thought throughout the game that there would be more skill slots unlocked eventually, but I was wrong. I would like to see just 1 or 2 more skill slots added over the course of the game.

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Is the Backflip Studios has an update for this game. I've finished this game for a long time and I love this game style. But I'm waiting too long for a new update. :(

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Random updates lol.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This may have been a necro but this game is awesome. Highly recommend to all defense lovers.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    LOL. Like this comment too much. :)

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Spent some days on this

8. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    This game is one of my all time favourites. I can't wait for the 'sequel' DnD defense but can't stand that there's been absolutely zero news about it, or that it even still exists. Backflip give us SOMETHING!!!!!! :)