Barren Roads: Multiplayer Apocalypse Fallout/DayZ Survival Game iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 voncarp, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Survival: Barren Roads

Media:

Summary:

Nuclear weapons have the left the world barren and scorched the earth. Survival has never been harder for mankind. Resources are scarce as life has left this world. You are forced to constantly move and scavenge the next area for resources. Rivers are dry. Many of wanderers never survived the icy nights as the moon crosses the sky. Roam a massive streaming map featuring ruined highways and cities. Survive and outwit other survivors, like yourself. Scavenge, loot, and explore during the day and find shelter during the freezing nights. Beware of the beasts and unknown as the sun sets.

Current gameplay features already included in the current build:

Multiplayer online
    Permadeath.
    Random event system for a different experience every playBuild forts and shelters

Line of sight and hearing enabled.

Map streaming system.
    Huge streaming map - if you can see it. You can walk to it.
    A massive content filled world.
    Tons of areas to explore: towns, distant houses, bases.
    Weather system included.
    Player needs: health, hunger, thirst, shelter.
    Full day and night cycle.
    Inventory backpack system
    60+ firearms
    30+ melee weapons
    Character armor.
    Customizable weapons: scopes and silencers.
    Craft-able weapons.
    Hunting system - animals spawn into only certain areas defined by their behavior. Learn these areas to find success hunting.
    Loot, gather resources, and scavenge ruined towns, wrecks, vehicles, and more.
    and much, much, much more...

Do you have what it takes to stay alive?

Everything we mentioned is in game already and expandable.

Check back here for updates or follow us on twitter: vonstarone

https://twitter.com/VonStarOne
    https://www.facebook.com/Barrenroads

cyllwynn and FrozenPepper like this.
  2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Color me interested.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Double post

5. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    I have been waiting for an open world multiplayer game!!

And the Post-Apocalyptic setting is an awesome idea. Keep up the good work I'll definitely be excited to see future progress on this!

6. BunkeredChimp

BunkeredChimp Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Love the gameplay demo! Just out of curiosity will you guys be doing beta testing or anything of that nature. I checked I didn't see anything on thread yet about it but I might have just missed it. It would be amazing if you guys did though! Love to try this bad boy out!

7. hi

We have a number of testers who have been very good to us in promoting and testing our previous games. We are going to extend the invitation to them first. However, there are some combination of devices and operating system that we still might need testing on and may ask for some additional testers. At the moment, I am not certain.

Thanks for the comments.

8. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Between this and The Wild I'm super excited. Will there be zombies???

9. BunkeredChimp

BunkeredChimp Active Member

May 5, 2014

Alright awesome! If you do end needing more people I'd definitely love to help. Keep up the great work!

10. Sadly, yes. We didn't stray from the zombie survival formula on this one. Zombie AI, where they patrol and mindlessly charge is the easiest to make. That's likely why there are so many zombie games out there. However, because of the size and scope of our game, its still quite time consuming to ensure each area is properly set up for the AI.

We also have computer controlled human survivor AI. We felt this was a nice complement for those who just want to play single player.

We are still balancing the AI for multiplayer. As we hope the best antagonist for multiplayer will be other players themselves. As it will always be more challenging and entertaining to compete and outwit live human players then bots.

Thanks for you excitement!!!

11. ioscody

Jan 9, 2014
    U can't go wrong with zombies. Looking forward to this game. Will this game be updated for the iphone 6 coz I'm thinking of upgrading

12. Yes. We don't plan to release this until after the iPhone 6 comes out. Once, we have our hands on an iPhone 6, we will be sure to take advantage of the higher specs for a better gaming experience. Hopefully :rolleyes:

We'll see what other cool graphical settings we can add for the new iPhone when it comes out.

13. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Looks interesting. Do you know what firearms will be included in the final release?

14. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    #14 Bad_Trip, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    How will the multiplayer be set up?

Will it be like coop style? Or will other humans be able to be your friend or enemy?

It would be really cool to have a friend/squad system, so you could have a group of buddies who always work/play together, and can fight against or sabotage other crews.

Honestly there are so many zombie games these days, but so many of them are boring as hell to me. If a zombie game is done right, and has multiplayer, I absolutely love them, but these days the zombie games for IOS have been single player, linear, and lacking any sort of team mates.

My favorite part of good zombie games has always been the concept of a crew of survivors working together to survive, and that's why multiplayer has always been a make or break attribute to Z games (at least IMO).

15. ioscody

Jan 9, 2014
    Oh nice so I'm guessing a October release or maybe November?? Either way I'll def pick this game up. Btw what's the framerate ?

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Hello there;)

17. kruspyUL

kruspyUL Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Cost

How much will this game cost? This and the wild will definitely complete my collection!

18. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    "Power is nothing without Control"
    Will you guys be supporting MFi Game Controllers?
    I mention this because this kind of FPS/ Open world style of games play exceptional with game controllers. see "GTA San Andreas" iOS as an example.
    Thanks.

19. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Will this be available for the iPod touch 5th gen? (Seeing as though it's available for the 4S).

20. spriley³

spriley³ Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Localization?

Your game looks AWESOME and i would just like to know if you will make this an IOS exclusive or will you port this to other platforms (Android, Steam, etc.)
    I would really like to play your game, but i have an Android device as of now.:(