Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    #361 BruteOutlawz, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    Says the person who called me a NOOB lol falls into the same catagory dont you think :D

How would you babble away info? Its not info, its your opinion. Its all subjective at the end of the day.

No offense taken here, we are just taliking. :)

And of course other people might need a brake, thats cool, im just saying i dont use it.

2. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Okay, so I just finished the last cup, got 100% for the whole career mode. It was fun, but now I'm stuck at about 370 stars. The bugatti in tier 7 required 405 stars. So i could see where the iap would come into play, but thanks to gameloft they did add goals which is a great alternative to earn stars.

3. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    No, I don't think so. I didn't call YOU a n00b. I implied that anything but D control is for n00bs (even tho I've seen some mighty good accel/gyro players!, it still proves my point), and you also could've take it with a grain of salt, noting the smiley at the end.
    But you've taken it quite personally (or missed the intention) as I see - which wasn't the case.
    The case was quite the opposite - to stir up some thinking and to consider better method of steering (as it's more precise/accurate and dependable).

As for babbling away, at some level of competition you would understand what I'm talking about : )

How many stars can you gain from the cups alone?

My guess:
    The first 5 cups have 4 challenges (3 with stars) / 9 stars possible (since the last challenge is a championship ride, where no stars are gained from), the next 4 cups have 8 challenges (7 w/stars) / 21 stars possible, and since I still don't have last two cups unlocked, I predict they have the same amount of challenges / stars gainable - 12 (11 w/stars) / 33 stars.
    If so, all stars you can gain from CUPS ALONE is:
    5 x 9 + 4 x 21 + 4 x 33 = 45+84+132 = 261.

Please do tell if that is right.

The maximum star cap you need is 415 (for the very last armor upgrade).

I currently finished first 9 cups and been quite keen to finish my goals, instead of having just 45+84 = 129 stars, I have 236. Now I only have 3,5 stars per ride, instead of almost 8 at the very start.
    Of course, one can gain stars also from leveling up. That is, in my case, 41 stars.
    The goals are getting quite difficult sometimes, especially when the basic limits for the race itself are getting quite difficult occasionally. It's hard to focus on goals then (sometimes I do none) and it seems sensible to actually go back, ride some easier cups and gain the goals that way. Didn't try it... yet.
    Or buy the goals, but the price goes up very fast (it's 300k now a goal/star now, and pretty sure it will be much more later).

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#364 Habakuk, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    You can see the shortcuts in the small mini map top left. Just check where you are going. Before any race check out the complete map overview and see at a glance where the shortcuts are and how many of them. Such an overview is available even after the race—I've posted a screenshot here (London) (and below Paris). Good for memorizing.

ex… ex… ex…

Scratched cup 10, playing 10+ hours mostly single player career and now I am feeling my arms a tiny bit. Simply awesome. BEST GAME IN TOWN! Most challenging. Can't stop it literally (some remarks about the brakes below).

Playing sometimes with power chord attached on the iPad (not said that the game consumes too much battery). Always with standard controls: Tilt to steer, touch to launch the nitro in three (or four?) steps in the right corner below (nitro and adrenaline mode is slightly more powerful than in Asphalt 6), brake with the left corner below. Back mirror middle below. Camera and pause controls at the top of the screen. Couldn't be better. For some friends and me. Flawless responsive.

Great new shortcut in Havannah through an extreme narrow callejón, mirror-like ice track in Rejkjavik, new DOUBLED jumps (you must FEEL IT) in Los Angeles AND you drive through deep water there actually (never seen in a racer before as so many things else). What an extra extreme exercise for the supercars! Old tracks spiced up perfectly!!! New shortcuts, nitro and speed-up-points placed slightly different, new strategies. Love it!

I almost forgot about the graphic glitches on iPad 3. The gameplay is overwhelming, the speed is gorgeous, you automatically stop counting pixels. I know that I had some doubts before, but I changed my opinion: Definitely better than Asphalt 6 (inclusive the glitches) even on iPad 3. Much more detailed, best asphalt display of ALL racing games I know (I mean the road's pavement, nomen est omen, and yes, you can HEAR the different rolling sounds). Framerate smooth as silk and rock solid in the most awesome actions. Reliable. Believable. Unbelievable.

We tried local multiplayer on iPad orig. and iPad 3rd gen via Bluetooth (standard controls, standard view). VERY WELCOME: Lots of options. Different kinds of races. Brilliant AI of added pilot bots. THANKS GAMELOFT!!! :)

Local MP is pretty buggy anyway. When you want to change car details it often (50 %) "crashes to race begin", so to say: It quits the options screen (where you can choose car, upgrades, colors) immediately and starts the race, your changes are discarded and you'll drive some random car. So better sync profile before (for having the same cars and same chances) and don't try to change anything.

Sometimes the mp game simply stops and says "Lost Connection" (10 % what's far too much) and "crashes to multiplayer choice screen". A6 was/is more reliable in local MP (but less options by far).

But when it works it's the same pure excitement as in A6 and even more. Even better, yes. Best arcade racing experience EVER! Despite of the little errors. BTW there were similar errors in A6 at the beginning and Gameloft wiped them out sooner or later. (For me personally always too late.) But again: Very well playable on both iPads. Tried it on iPhone 4 (single player only) for one hour or so: Perfect! Brilliant graphics here.

Tried online multiplayer as well for half an hour or so. The same sophisticated options. As always: 50 % long wait for joining, people leaving races, "This Room doesn't exist any more", "…is already full". A pain. Could do three or four online MP races and they were pretty fun anyway. Prefer local MP. Single player career mode and quick races without any errors. Pretty solid. Asphalt Tracker (sync progress via Gameloft's cloud) works well.

Here you have completely new Paris track (never seen before in Asphalt series) where some are afraid of:

[​IMG]

It's crazy, yes, but I LOVE IT! Get the controls, you'll have to BRAKE precisely! You can't pass Paris (even more: the shiny new London night track, don't crash into the red double-decker buses and I hope Gameloft licensed Transport for London ;)) with the overpowered and pimped up supercars without braking. I know, it's advanced skillness, but learn to change between braking, drifting left/right OFTEN and QUICKLY. The standard controls (all buttons are there where you need them) with standard view are accurate on all devices I tried. No excuses! :rolleyes:

Challenging short ninety degrees turns in Paris. Drift around three sharp corners on very narrow streets. FLY THROUGH THE PANTHÉON!!! You even can't describe it adequate with the word spectacular. There are simply no words for that feeling. Ex… something.

[​IMG]

Click here: The same image with original iPad 3 resolution.

The car above and below: Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4. Drives well. Instabuy. :cool:

[​IMG]

Click here. The same image with original iPad 3 resolution.

Try to drift and make a screenshot simultaneously! Works pretty good with iOS.

[​IMG]

Click here. The same image with original iPad 3 resolution.

Additional screenshots (all iPad 3rd gen.) will follow if you want.

5. c0replay

Feb 15, 2012
    Your pretty close, but the total you recieve just through career mode is 252 stars. Now the problem is that after you finish an event, the amount of money gained for completion afterwards is alot less. Lets say, 100k+ less. Now, if memory serves me correct, from my time playing multiplayer, you gain about 50k if you come in first. I'd assume multiplayer would then be the fastest end game procedure for money? Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Damn, that Lambourgini looks rad, I might even pay for something like that in the inapps. Wonder if they have the bugatti, I would love that car!

7. c0replay

Feb 15, 2012
    They do have the bugatti :D I'm close to unlocking it, I'll post a ss when I do.

8. Damn, I'm going to have to start playing the game more... Yeah, post a picture when you get it, I'll be jealous.

And I'm sure you'll get all the girls when you do..... Whooops, this is only a video game? What?

9. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    How did you guys get past the old-school arcade game in London in cup 5. Before this race, I have gotten 3 stars on every other event on my first try (except 1), but I am unable to get even 1 star on this race. I only have 78 stars at the moment, so my only car unlocked is the Nissian GT-R. Does any ody have any tips on getting past this?

10. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Take no offense, but seriously, how old are you?
    You are so excited that I had to ask this question :)

Just this time, please do answer my question and post, as it is addressed to you.

Here goes:
    • The minimap doesn't show ALL the shortcuts. Notably the jump ramp shortcut in Miami.
    • It's 3 steps for nitro level 3.
    • The power of the nitros seem exactly the same as in A6. Apart from the fact that only 4th level is the unchanged...
    • On LA you drive through shallow water. Not deep :)
    • You don't drive a "random" car in MP when not choosing your own. Only the one you have had selected before. Probably the last one used in single player.
    • As for MP stability, I would say the DIRECT OPPOSITE. You must be joking :eek: when talking about it, if you mean playing ONLINE, that is. A6 had SO MANY "this rooms doesn't exist/connection lost" bugs, that it became a norm. It's quite different in here. Still problems exist, tho. Will elaborate on that later, you are SURE to hear it ; )
    • Paris is by far the hardest track in this part, I would compare it to Shanghai in the previous version, which I was quite a master of (you want my times? I can provide that ; ) Dunno if to call it harder, it's different, but still there is a lot to learn here. And it's just the start of the road. BTW, braking is not the way to go faster... HAHAHAHA :D You have to LEARN not to use it, THAT'S the HARDEST part. "Pozdro poćwicz" ; )
    • Standard (A type) controls are worse than D. 'nuff said.
    • Nice screenshots. :)

How come 252? I'm curious now. How many stars do you get from the last 2 cups? 33 per cup? If it is, then it's clearly 261 total.
    I know of the thing you mentioned.
    In fact, MP doesn't give you a lot of cash and XP, either : /
    Currently, believe it or not, I'm pretty low on cash.
    But in fact I like it. Won't buy any IAP, since it's not a solution, will grind. I like that fact : >

It's the foretaste of things to come, the latter cups are harder (some are even.. well.. quite hard).
    It takes some skill, it's possible even on the slowest car from that tier WITHOUT any upgrades and WITHOUT any sponsor bought (or a sponsor not affecting the race itself, like "Gain more REPs").
    I wrote about it above - I still managed to get 20,51 seconds before the time elapsed. But it WAS hard.

My recommendations?
    Buy the fastest (compare basic speeds) car you can, upgrade it to maximum you can, and buy a sponsor that PREFERABLY stops time when using Adrenaline (or such). You should earn the 3 stars much, much easier than in the way provided by me, even if it STILL is possible (no crashes allowed, though). And my time could as well be improved by a few seconds, I'm pretty sure of that.

11. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    #371 Jacob007, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    Multiplayer has finally pissed me off. I rarely actually get to play a game after dozens of times seeing a disconnected room or full/unavailable room. It, as stated by the guy above, has already become a norm for me. I hope the stability and connection improves in updates. Very disappointed, but the rest of the game is awesome. Graphics are realistic, and whenever a car from A7 passes by my car in real-life, I think of the races I play and how fun they are, then I get tempted to pull out my iPad and play a "Quick Race"...yep, I'm addicted :)

12. c0replay

Feb 15, 2012
    Ah, that one also screwed me up also! You just have to learn the maps, and know when to use your nitro. I'd recommend buying the sponsor where it stops time in adrenaline mode. Also, if you take certain shortcuts in London, be aware that some have a very sharp turn that could cause a wreck. Another thing, at the end of the map where its straight, don't forget to drift and go to the ramp on the left side before the finish line. This'll also help you get the nitro needed to get in time. I think my time for this one was 24s, so I barely got 3 stars haha.

13. c0replay

Feb 15, 2012
    Okay, heres a list of the stars available in the cups:
    - 9 Star Cups x5
    - 21 Star Cups x4
    - 33 Star Cups x4

(9x5)+(21x4)+(33x4)=261 stars... Oops, haha guess your right :D

14. Gwavity

Gwavity Member

Jun 24, 2012
    London Old-School

I'm having a huge amount of trouble too. (I also have 3 stars on all the previous races.) My GT-R is maxed out and I just seem to crash every time! I've attempted this particular race at least 25 times now. I'm tired of London!

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I got a blue screen of death :(.

Entered adrenaline mode when making the shortcut jump in Tokyo and the battery went flat :D.

Now that I can't play the game for another 5 minutes, I'd take the time to ask some questions:
    *Is it just me or have Gameloft adjusted traffic so it becomes 1. Less dense and 2. Only appear in straights or wide bends with high visibility? Traffic has become very friendly now from what I remember in A6.

*Did GL needlessly prolong the length of cinematic takedowns? They look much less spectacular than A6 and feel a tad too long. It also feels more dangerous upon returning from a cinematic takedown because the car does not have a short period of invincibility after returning from the takedown cam.
    Any advice on coping with the takedown cams? Or is it just a matter of luck that I don't crash after returning from one?

16. Gwavity

Gwavity Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I didn't play A6 but the game does drain your battery. I'm sure it's normal for a game like this. I stopped myself when I realized my battery was at 1%, thank god!

17. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Does anybody know how to add a friend to my Asphalt Tracker for a goal? I tried to add a GL friend and it wouldn't let me.

18. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    What I did was play ahead on the 6th cup until I unlocked the next car in the tier for the 5th cup. I dont remember what the name of the car was, but the car was white and it had better stats than my fully upgraded GT-R. After using that car, I finished with 30 seconds to spare. :)

19. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Just played a quick game on ipad3. Graphics are better than expected. Definitely better than A6.

20. Gwavity

Gwavity Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks, I'll try that out and tell you how it goes. :)