Build at the AppStore is different that what I uploaded

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by chunkyguy, Nov 1, 2012.

1. chunkyguy

chunkyguy Active Member

May 16, 2011
    India
    #1 chunkyguy, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    The current version has new audio, new icons. Take a look at the top right in the screenshots and the videos:

Zombie version:

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Video

But every time I download my own app from the app store {itunes link} I get the older version. And when I run from the Xcode the newer version runs, and I haven't touched the code since submitting to AppStore.

I searched on google, devforums.apple and no one seems to have faced something like this.

I've even tried downloading using a Promo code. I think the device sort of caches the app, even after I delete it. Because with every install I even get the GameCenter notifications even though I commented out all the GameCenter code in the final release.

[​IMG]

This is the first submission, not an update.

What could be the explanation? Is this some sort of Apple's Halloween prank? What is the protocol for downloading your own app on your testing devices?

Edit:
    The issue is not resolved. Thanks everyone for their help.

2. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Have you tried deleting the app from the device and then doing a full clean and rebuild?

It sounds like it's possibly just an asset timestamp issue. So perhaps you replaced some pngs with some that are actually older (according to their timestamp), so these aren't getting transferred to your device when you run it, yet the archive built for the App Store is using the later (but 'older') pngs.

A total guess though, as I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. :)

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I agree, I think a full re-install/clean would solve the problem. Can't think of anything else unless you uploaded the wrong build..

Did you try the app on a separate device?

4. chunkyguy

chunkyguy Active Member

May 16, 2011
    India
    The issue is resolved. Thanks guys for your help.

The issue was due to my uploading the wrong binary. I've now submitted the correct build, it's in the Apple's review system.

The stupidest mistake a person can make for his first app. :confused: