Universal Space Combat Simulation Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by knightley, Nov 11, 2014.

1. knightley

knightley New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Hi, I would like to show you guys my Space Combat Simulation Game Eta Carinae.

It has turrets, homing missiles, launchable fighters and lots of enemy bomber formations.

Have fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WceK3Zt1ww

2. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
    too little info...

3. knightley

knightley New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    What specific info do you want to know?

4. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Any general info, like for instance: types of weapons, how customizable will the ship be, is there different types of fighters and ships you can buy? Is there a story mode, survival mode? Is it rogue like or like FTL (random environments with permadeath) or multiple lives? What's unique about the game, i.e. Why would I buy this over the numerous apps in the store?

If you have a website that list all this, that would be good to post and any screen shots you think showcase the game. Hope this helps knightley.

5. knightley

knightley New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Sure, it is a combat oriented game and you can install diffenrent turrets and a fighterbay on your starship.

And each turret can be modified differently e.g. do more damage to hull or shield, have longer range or higher fire rate etc.

During combat you can shoot the main turret yourself and assign targets to auxillary turrets.

Launch a fighter to help you and if it gets too heavily damaged, recall it to repair or reload it's ammo.

Enemy attack formations can concentrate their fire but will scatter if you destroy its wing leader.

You prioritize your targets during combat. If your shield is down, you might concentrate on enemy bombers with torpedos which do lots of damage to hull.

If your target has a high shield recharge rate you need to concentrate your shield damaging weapons to destroy it.

Lots of stuff like that, I can go on, but who likes to read. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    When is this great game coming out? Or will there be a beta test? If yes to beta testing, then put me on board sir or captain!

7. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Sounds like a great concept, can't wait to hear and see more later on!

8. knightley

knightley New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    I would say beginning of 2015.

I am adding a small feature which let's player assign target to his fighter. After that I will concentrate on adding levels.

There will definitely be a beta, probably a closed one. I can add you if you want though.