Closest to these 3 Zelda games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tronfan, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Tronfan

Tronfan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    What are the closest on ios to

a Ocarina of time
    b Skyward sword
    c the original Zelda?

I've always wanted to try those 3, but don't have any Nintendo , so I'd like something close.

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I can only name Oceanhorn.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The original Zelda has grandfathered an endless series of KRPG and action RPG games. Maybe Zenonia would be a good start - some free games that serve as good introductions are AurumnBlade, Stone of Life, Dragon Knight IV, and Master of Dungeon.

Gameloft's Sacred Odyssey - Rise of Ayden was implied to be a clone of modern Zelda games. Other similar third person action RPGs might include The Shadow Sun, Aralon, Ravensword: Shadowlands, Order & Chaos, etc.

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    You could try Little Dew. It's got plenty of block pushing puzzles like Zelda.

5. Tronfan

Jul 20, 2013
    I was going to try zenonia . Which is the best?

6. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    First and only the first. Zenonia 2 was decent, but after that the rest got destroyed by IAPs.

Man, I miss the good ol' days. Playing Zenonia 1, Terminator Salvation, Gangstar: West Coast Hustle and Hero of Sparta on my iPod Touch 2nd gen.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How have you not played those games?

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Swordigo
    Oceanhorn
    Sacred Oddysey: Rise of Ayden
    Vay
    Mage Gauntlet
    Horn
    Zenonia series

9. Tronfan

Jul 20, 2013
    not played what games?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh my! :D

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The original 3 in ur first post. Just odd to want to play games similar to games u haven't played. Also the original Zelda and ocarina are totally dif games. But I second Mage gauntlet and oceanhorn (I haven't played oceanhorn but I know what it's all about.).

12. Tronfan

Jul 20, 2013
    I've never played them, since I don't have a Nintendo, but I have watched gameplay videos and those are the ones I hear are some of the best , so I wanted the closest .

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Those games are so old you could easily just emulate them. You're not going to find an ios game that meets those criterias though. You're better off just buying an old console and playing them- it's worth it.

14. Yourplague

Yourplague Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Honestly i would have to recomend getting a 64 emulator for your pc and then playing them.Your not going to find anything that compares to them on ios, the closest thing would be oceanhorn.

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    My Little Hero
    Ittle Dew
    Oceanhorn
    Mazes and Monsters
    Bit Dungeon
    Bastion
    Anodyne Mobile
    Dungeony
    Zenonia series
    Sacred Oddysey
    Vay
    Almightree
    LostWinds (a stretch but similar experience)

any others?

16. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I'm gonna go ahead and say you're not going to find anything on iOS right now that is both similar to Zelda mechanically and hits even an ounce of its quality. Ocean Horn and Ittle Dew are the closest I've played. Even on consoles there are very few, like Okami and Darksiders.

If you're willing to relax the former demand, there are lots of great action/adventure and action/RPGs. I see many listed here and I'll throw the Across Age games on the pile, too.

But if you want Zelda, I'd recommend buying a Nintendo console. A 3DS will get you Zelda 1, 2, Link's Awakening, the Oracle series, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, and soon Majora's Mask. A Wii will get you Zelda 1, 2, Link to the Past, Ocarina, Majora, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Four Swords Adventures. The Wii in particular would be a very cheap pick-up at this point.

17. Secret of Mana :3

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Why is this making me so nostlagic? It was just a few years ago that these games came out. And yet, it feels like it was 20 years ago.

19. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    A + B) OceanHorn. It's more akin to a different Zelda title. Closest to these though.
    C) Mage Gauntlet. A great game by RocketCat that is probably the closest thing to the original Zelda you'll get on the AppStore. Worth the price and although it has IAP they are more or less cosmetic.

20. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    I like Horn a lot. It's much more combat focused than Zelda. However, the game is better suited for mobile gaming than a traditional console ARPG that often required taking notes and visits to Gamefaqs.

I suggest Bastion also for having that type of ARPG Zelda vibe.

I can also say that nostalgia really tints the lenses into rosy colors that are rarely congruent with reality. I find playing a really involved game such as Ocarina of Time to be cumbersome on mobile. Not to mention that in our instantly gratified society, hunting Poe and reaching chocobos are rarely classified as fun in my book.