Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #481 Rip73, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure. I'm making the comparison with the effects on an iPhone 5 and an ipad 4 compared to iPad 2.
    It certainly possible that I'm wrong though because the visuals are very impressive on an iPhone 5, it definitely looks at its best on that.
    Playing on an iPad 2 it absolutely gives the sensation of speed and distance but playing on a 5, the environment and the surrounding edges of the car blurs more on full nitro and the depth of field effect is very much present.

In saying that, I'm going to err on the side of caution and ask just to be sure because its quite possible I should have gone to Specsavers.

2. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    That would be much appreciated. I'm still on the fence but I prefer NFS over Asphalt so I will end up buying it anyway ;)

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll do that but weekend and all, so Monday before I would probably have an answer.

But, I'd recommend getting off the fence. I play it on an iPad 2 primarily till now and it is the best looking racing game ever on iOS. And a huge amount of fun.

It's easily on my top 5 ever list. My current most played. Couldn't recommend it enough if you enjoy racers at all.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Hm, late to the party. On my iPhone 4, I was way more impressed with the previous NFS title. This one doesn't feel that exciting and doesn't add ANYTHING new. Might be a totally different experience on newer devices, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #485 JBRUU, Nov 3, 2012
    I just like it because it's fun :p

You thinking a retina update for the newer iPads is coming? Needs AA really badly and I have a very difficult time believing the 4th gen cannot run this game full effects + retina after seeing the benchmarks.

6. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    868,500 is the max SP u can achieve.
    On mobile device.

Fuh im done.
    Now im waiting for others 6 cars tuned by NFS
    To complete my garage =)

7. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Thanks man. Much appreciate your opinion. Downloading now!

8. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #488 Paul202, Nov 3, 2012
    Do you guys reccomend using mods? So far I am mainly using the top speed mod, so I can so better in races and eventually get the achievment for doing 100 races with mods. However, it seems like not that many people use mods, so I feel like I am cheating when I do better than them on the speed wall. I also worry it is using too much of my money. For reference I just unlocked the 4th/5th MW, Honey, and I have exactly $430,000.
    Also, at $400,000, is the Ford GT a good investment? I am finding that in the part of the game I am in, there is a lot of open races. The GT is one of my favorite cars in real life, but I don't want to spend all my money on it and then find out it sucks.

9. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Also does anybody have any tips as to how to complete the hot ride with the Bugatti? It seems impossible. For the 1 person that got gold, what mods did you use?

10. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    #490 SatriaNeoCPS, Nov 3, 2012
    Mine is inflatable tyre n engine mod top speed

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #491 Rip73, Nov 3, 2012
    The Porsche is the better all round car especially with mods.

Use the mods anyway to get the 100 sp thing and you'll definitely need them to climb up the speedwall. I'd be relatively high on some of the tracks and the mods are necessary to do that so its just what ya have to do.

They are well worth buying on a second play through. I didn't really use them on the first because I wanted to keep the cash for cars but once I'd gotten the gold on each race, I used them all the time to get higher on the speedwall. Plus if you're getting gold in the second half on each track using mods, you still make plenty of money anyway as it turns out.

Climbing the speed wall is a nice challenge to the game as well. There's a lot of guys on the add me thread getting very fast.

But I also love the ford gt and it looks absolutely fantastic in the game. I impulse bought it early and used it an awfull lot to get gold in races. It's great for drifting as well. The Porsche will serve you better but it won't look half as good while doing it. Plus you have to have the gt in blue with white stripes to make it look right.

That one still has me beat. Up to silver on it but just can't quite make up those last few seconds.
    What Satria above said should work because the tyre buster the cops drop will catch you out.
    The cornering handling with top speed boost or the top nitro mod is another option worth trying.

12. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay, I think I will buy it. BTW, do you reccomend getting gold in every race until going on to the next one? That is what I have been doing, but I am finding it impossible to do so for the Bugatti Timed race. Should I keep trying until I get gold, or should I play some more and come back to it?

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    And fun it most certainly is.

I'd generally have gotten a bit tired of a lot of games at this stage (and that's in relation to the ridiculous amount of hours I've put into it rather than how long its released) but I just cant stop starting it up to get that last bit of sp or climb the speed wall or throw the Pagani around the track screaming. It's a great fun game. Plus it looks fantastic.
    Can't wait to see what they do with RR3 after it.

In relation to full retina, I don't know. Firemonkeys excel at optimising the ass out of a game so I've no doubt we will see an iPad 4 optimisation update. Whether it'll use full retina, dunno really but based on the excellence of the developer and the iPad 4, I can't see why not.

I will say, on the iPhone 5, it looks like nothing else. It really is amazing to look at. I've even taken to reading the billboards on it which can be done easily considering the environments are rendered so well. Of course stopping (crashing for the extra drama) to read them doesn't help getting gold in a race but has to be done.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #494 Rip73, Nov 3, 2012
    Play some more and come back to it.
    It's not necessary to get gold in all of them.
    On my first play of all the events, I didn't get gold, most were silver or bronze.
    Played through to the end, got more money and bought different cars to get the gold.
    It's not grinding or repetitive at all because going from a low tier car to a mid tier and then to top tier changes each race quite a lot. The extra speed or different handling of each car definitely changes your experience of each race.
    The Bugatti one shows that because that track is a different experience with a slower car.

And I've gold on all events bar two, the Bugatti one and another where you've to average 193mph (made it to 190.8 before a cop threw a truck in front of me, the dirty ......), so moving on and coming back is better because some just need you to build up your skill higher before coming back to it.

15. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay thanks. I am nearing the end of my first play through, Ithink I have 2 bosses yet. After you beat all the bosses, is there an "official" NG+, or do you go throguh all the races again. I ask this because in the beginning races you get very little money, so it wouldn't be worth it to go back unless you want to get gold.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No new game plus.
    Money in first race in each track is small but a new car will mean the money won't matter, it'll be like a different race.
    The last couple of races in each track will make you more than enough money if that's what you're aiming for anyway. I built up a lot by playing the last two races of each track again.
    I'm not focused on the money in any of the events at this stage anyway, just enjoying the different cars and trying to get all the sp. And eek out those extra few seconds for the speed wall.

Oh, and completing it unlocks the Aventador and the handling on that thing is awesome. Plus it looks pure evil in black.

17. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay, sorry for all the questions, but one more. What do you consider the best class-specific cars to use to win each race, and what mods? I am looking for a guide on the best cars for each class, and I will start off purchasing those. Thank you for all of the help you have provided.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #498 Rip73, Nov 3, 2012
    The mods vary according to each car. If you look at the cars stat for speed, handling, acceleration and add to which ever is the lowest. Top speed and efficient nitro is always good but the viper needs better handling on some tracks.

In relation to class specific, well the top listed in each class is the best obviously but there is a range of them in mid tier that will save you're spending and win races so I'd go with the below list but you will eventually want all the to cars because they are very cool.

Porsche carrera, Land rover evoque, camaro, Focus rs, Maserati or Panamera, ford gt.

That list is only for balancing and a rough guide. A couple of pages back, others have different list. Porsche is in all of them though.

You will want the Pagani (it sounds brilliant), Aventador (looks evil), Mclaren (awesome handling), Alfa 4c (just looks cute), Viper (drifting king) once you've money earned.

Oh and no need to be sorry about asking all the questions. That's what the forum is for in my opinion. More than happy to help out if I can.

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I am a little confused on what the whole point of sp is... Anyone kind enough to clarify?

20. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    It is kind of like xp, when you get enough of it you unlock more cars, the more sp you get the more cars you unlock.
    On another note I just realized the competitors are different for different people. I have been trying to get gold in this one race for about an hour now, and in doing so I got 1st place on the speedwell between me and my ~30 friends. However, I only have silver in this race, while I know for a fact that others (like Rip_73) who are below me on the speedwell have gold while I do not.